A 70-pint dehumidifier is a device that removes up to 70 pints of moisture in the air, per day. Moreover, it can solve any mildew and mold problem in poorly ventilated areas like the basement or bathroom. This helps in reducing the maintenance costs of some spaces in your home. Besides, it improves air quality and makes living in humid or hot places bearable. However, getting the best dehumidifier is always hard, as most are unreliable with poor ineffective designs.
- Best 70 Pint Dehumidifier Reviews
- Ivation 70 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier
- Why Should You Trust Us?
- Who Needs a 70-Pint Dehumidifier?
- Benefits of Using a Dehumidifier
- Buying Guide
- Things to Consider While Buying 70 Pint Dehumidifier
- 1. Ivation 70 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier
- 2. Frigidaire 70-Pint Dehumidifier
- 3. Keystone KSTAD70B 70Pt. Dehumidifier
- 4. Friedrich D70BP 70 Pint Dehumidifier
- 5. Danby ArticAire Dehumidifier, Black, 70-Pint
Best 70 Pint Dehumidifier Reviews
Nevertheless, you can rely on our review to know some of the basics of an efficient 70-pint dehumidifier. Besides, you can also familiarize yourself with the buying tips as well benefits and reason for owning one.
Why Should You Trust Us?
Our job is to provide you with some of the most reliable and effective products in the market and that include dehumidifiers. We only aim to give you efficient and effective products.
We have cross-examined some top companies that make dehumidifiers and managed to select a few top models that we have found to be better when it comes to lowering humidity levels. Besides, we have also checked different reviews as well as customer purchase and satisfaction when it to comes to 70-pint dehumidifiers.
Moreover, our selected list of dehumidifiers are energy efficient and comes with minimal maintenance costs. They are also easy to operate, even for someone who has no idea how a dehumidifier works.
Our team of researchers has dedicated their time to ensure you get a reputable product. Therefore, you should not think twice about our recommended list before buying one.
70-Pint Dehumidifier Comparison Table
|Best for Mold|
|#3||Keystone Dehumidifier||Easy-To-Clean Filter|
|#4||Friedrich Dehumidifier||Superior Drainage|
|#5||Danby Dehumidifier||Excellent Coverage|
Who Needs a 70-Pint Dehumidifier?
As much as 70 pint dehumidifiers are not the real cure to damp or humid places, they can easily lessen the humidity level to a conducive, breathable one.
Constant humidity is often a problem that can exacerbate and encourage the growth and spread of mold and mildew in your living space. This, in turn, creates room for insects to breed and allergies to increase. Besides, it can also damage wood from décor to foundation.
Moreover, you need to know when to buy and when to go for another option in order to improve your air quality and lessen the humidity.
Here are top reasons to get one for your living or working space.
- When you start to notice some moist/wet stains on your ceilings and walls
- You can also get one if the room feels unpleasantly stuffy
- Any sign of visible mold, is also a cause for dehumidification
- Musty odor and uncomfortable moistures is a good reason to buy one
You just have to get the best one for the job. Otherwise, you will only be doing more damage by adding moisture in your living space.
Benefits of Using a Dehumidifier
If you are still not convinced of how a 70-pint dehumidifier can improve your air quality, prevent different ailments and other health issues. Well here are some benefits of a dehumidifier:
- It gets rid of mold, mildew and musty odors, as they are known to cause loads of breathing and respiratory issues, especially in kids and the elderly. Adults are also not left behind, as they can also trigger asthmatic symptoms and exacerbate other respiratory ailments
- This kind of machine can also get rid of excessive moisture in your working or living space. This makes it easier to protect all indoor items from décor to furniture, even stored items can remain intact and free from moisture. Besides, this device also makes it easier to control indoor humidity, to a conducive and recommendable level
- This device can also prevent the build-up of moisture in your living space by removing it in places with high concentrations, like the cellar, attic, and This is because these areas usually allow for easier seep-in of musty odor and moisture into the main house
- It can also help keep the relative humidity level at equilibrium, which is recommended at 50% and 30% in summer and winter respectively
Things to Consider While Buying 70 Pint Dehumidifier
Dehumidifiers often have different specs as well as functions. You have to consider loads of factors from room temperature to space being covered.
Therefore, when it comes to the best 70-pint dehumidifier, you have to know all the specifications required for it to deliver as expected.
Here are some guides to look out for when you are out shopping for one, for your home or office.
- Area– This is important as it determines the model and type of machine you buy. You will have to consider room size in terms of square feet and buy the machine with the same or higher square feet, for effectiveness
- Water removal– You will need to consider the means of removing water in the dehumidifier. As most often, collect loads of water, especially in damp and wet area. Some come with internal buckets you have to empty every now and then while others have pumps that make it easier to pump the water into a sink. Beside, you can also opt for those with a drainage function. You should note that, water can destroy the system, if not removed as often as possible, depending on your environment and humidity level
- Energy cost- It is important, you consider energy costs in relation to performance level. Moreover, always go for Energy Star Certified dehumidifiers that will not affect your electricity bill that much. Besides, proper maintenance and usage can increase its longevity thereby, keeping the performance level and energy conservation intact
- Use and placement- Where you are going to use the dehumidifier is also important, as it determines the size and type you will buy. This is because it usually works best if placed in a well-ventilated place with some allowance at its top exhaust. In relation, never place it against the wall
- Cost- You can always manage to get a quality cost-effective dehumidifier, as long as you know what you want and what you are looking For instance, all our listed products in this review are cost-effective and can deliver higher performance when it comes to use
- Other features– Always select a dehumidifier with useful, essential features like portable features, internal pumps, auto-humidistat, auto-reset, auto-shutoff system, direct drain, a temperature control setting or a defrost feature
1. Ivation 70 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier
This is our top pick and one of the best 70-pint dehumidifier for the money. It is easy to use and maintain and comes with a 1.3-gallon reservoir, which is very easy to empty.
Moreover, it can prevent the growth and spread of mold, allergens, mildew, dust, and odors in living spaces. You just plug it in and select the appropriate setting. Likewise, it has two adjustable speed fan and can remove 70-pints of moisture in a day.
It weighs 40 pounds and comes with built-in durable caster wheels for easier movement. Besides, it has a compact design that can fit most spaces, measuring 10.8 by 15.4 by 23.2 inches.
This device comes with some high-profile features that can help maximize its performance level. They include an LCD interface, a programmable timer, frost sensor, auto-restart features, and an auto-shutoff system for safety purposes when the reservoir reaches its capacity as well as a built-in relative humidity meter.
It also has a hose hook-up for a continuous drainage and diversion of water into slop sinks or basement drains. Besides, it can cover rooms of up to 4,500 square feet, making them pleasant and safe to live in.
What Makes This The Best 70-Pint Dehumidifier?
- Eco-friendly– This dehumidifier is safe for use in houses with kids as well as the elderly as it has loads of green features that will improve your air quality with zero harm. Some of them are washable filter, auto-shut system, a timer and an energy saving feature that ensures quality air is maintained 24/7
- Tech Savvy control system– You can easily control it via the LCD interface that has everything you need for a proper set-up and setting. This makes it easier to control indoor moisture level, adjust the fans, program the timer and receive alerts on filter and reservoir cleanups
- Compact design– You can fit this machine anywhere in your home or office. Its white color and design are bound to complete and fit in with any décor. Besides, it has caster wheels for ease when it comes to portability
2. Frigidaire 70-Pint Dehumidifier
This dehumidifier can protect your home from excess moisture that is always the breeding ground for mold and mildew. It uses 115V electrical outlets to reduce humidity and can work in a continuous mode if placed near a drainage system. This is because it needs to empty its water reservoir more often, for maximum dehumidification.
It can also help with bacteria elimination in your surrounding air, for easier and comfortable breathing. This improves the air quality and minimizes different kinds of ailments and allergic reactions.
It is easy to use and comes with an Effortless Humidity Control system that you can use to control the level of humidity in your surroundings. Moreover, it can save you loads of money and energy due it low-temperature operation.
Additionally, it has electronic control systems that enhance and make its use very easy. Its features include a digital humidity readout, a control lock, and a 24-hour ON/OFF timer.
Besides, it is highly portable with a top handle and integrated side handles as well as caster wheels to ease its portability.
This machine easily fits with every home décor. It is white and measures 15 by 11.6 by 24.4 inches.
3. Keystone KSTAD70B 70Pt. Dehumidifier
This 70-pint dehumidifier is great for use in basements due to its high-performance level. It often makes some noises, which might not be conducive for rooms that need peace and quiet, like the bedroom.
It weighs 40 pounds and can cover rooms of up to 4,500 square feet. Besides, it has four durable wheel casters for easier portability room to room.
When it comes to maintenance, you just remove and dust the filter and return it. Moreover, it has a convenient filter alert feature.
As for water drainage, it has a bucket that can be emptied when full. You can know when it is full using its transparent water level indicator. It also auto-shuts and alerts you when full.
In addition, it has an optional continuous drainage system you can use. You just need a garden hose and a proper drainage system nearby.
Its auto-restart feature can save your settings during a power blackout. As for settings, it has a turbo, normal and auto-defrost.
Moreover, its LED displays control system has a 24-hour timer you can use to save on energy costs. Likewise, it is Energy Star Certified.
Lastly, it is white and measures 15.5 by 11.25 by 23.25 inches.
4. Friedrich D70BP 70 Pint Dehumidifier
This 70-pint dehumidifier has a sleek look that does not accumulate any pet hair, dust or any other airborne allergens in the house. Moreover, it is energy efficient and easy to operate. It has a 6-foot power cord that you can plug in any standard 115-volt electrical outlet.
This dehumidifier comes with a convenient built-in pump, which easily pumps condensation in a horizontal or vertical direction for up to 15 feet. Additionally, it has a removable condensate bucket that can carry up to 16 pints as well as an optional continuous drainage on its rear end. Besides, the condensate bucket comes with a convenient carry handle.
As for control and setting, it has a top-mount digital control system that displays the room temperature for an easier humidity set, as well as the humidity level, which is set. In addition, this device also features a 24-hour timer.
You can use it in basements, storage areas, and equipment room or anywhere else, that moisture is a big issue. This is due to its efficiency and power level that is highly reliable.
It has a two-speed fan, wheel casters, and conveniently washable anti-microbial filter, which easily slides out.
5. Danby ArticAire Dehumidifier, Black, 70-Pint
This 70 pint dehumidifier is easy to use and maintain. It has a two-speed fan for a high or low setting which, you can always adjust for proper dehumidification. Moreover, it can cover rooms of up to 4,500 square feet effectively, no issues.
You can always wash its filter and use again. This maximizes its performance level and prevents the build-up of any debris in the unit.
In addition, it comes with some useful features that work hand in hand to ensure optimal delivery of the machine. It has the low-temperature feature that allows it to operate at low temperatures of 41°F.
Likewise, its auto-restart feature ensures it restarts normally, after a power failure/blackout. Its automatic de-icer prevents ice build-up on coils while the direct drain allows for its continuous operation, by emptying the reservoir when needed.
This dehumidifier is energy efficient and comes with four-wheel casters for ease when it comes to moving around room to room. It is eco-friendly and comes with filters you can reuse after washing. You just remove it, clean and re-insert an easy DIY job.
Besides, it has a top display with electronic control systems for a quick set and easy readout.
Conclusively, always go for a quality 70-pint dehumidifier, as they are likely to cover a large square foot area. You just need to know the specifications, before selecting the appropriate one for your home. Remember, you want to reduce humidity and not add it.
You can trust us to guide you when selecting one for your home or office. Note that different models and makes are only useful in specific places or rooms of the house. Some are ideal for bedrooms and living rooms while others are meant for basements and garages.
Therefore, feel free to start with the above list and you will never regret your money’s worth. As they are the best in today’s market, in terms of quality performance, useful features and pricing.
Related Buyer’s Guides: