Smoking and inhaling cigarette smoke are both dangerous to your health. Therefore, it is necessary to get rid of it, if you are a smoker or living with one. The best and healthy solution is an air purifier for cigarette smoke removal. This kind of air purifier can improve the quality of your indoor surrounding air, you can smoke all you want and the cigarette smokes will not linger for long. Besides, cigarette smoke can spoil décor and linger for long on your curtains and other home accessories.
- Best Air Purifier for Cigarette Smoke Removal
- SilverOnyx Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter
- Why Should You Trust Us?
- Why Should You Use an Air Purifier for Cigarette Smoke?
- Buying Guide
- Things to Consider
- 1. SilverOnyx Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter
- 2. Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA
- 3. AeraMax 100 Home Air Purifier
- 4. Levoit Air Purifier Filtration with True HEPA Filter
- 5. Ivation Medium Size 3-In-1 True HEPA Air Purifier
- FAQs: 10 Most Frequently Asked Questions by Customers
Best Air Purifier for Cigarette Smoke Removal
Therefore, you can opt for some of the air purifiers listed below to remove cigarette smoke from your indoor environment. This review will explain some of its dangers to your health as well as what to look for when buying.
Why Should You Trust Us?
As a home improvement website, our only agenda is for you to have a comfortable indoor environment. This includes air quality. Therefore, you can trust that all our listed products are effective when it comes to cigarette smoke removal.
Moreover, we have reviewed loads of air purifier for cigarette smoke removal and come up with a credible and verifiable list. This is based on our own research on customer purchase and use as well as reviews on these specific products. Only the best stand out and remain relevant, like these air purifiers designed to remove cigarette smoke.
So do not hesitate when it comes to buying one of these products. They are highly multi-purpose when it comes to improving air quality as they can remove cigarette smoke, dust, pollen, pet dander and airborne allergens.
Why Should You Use an Air Purifier for Cigarette Smoke?
When someone smokes, a high percentage of the smoke stays in the surrounding air and does not go to their lungs. This cigarette smoke left in the air is dangerous especially to children, the elderly and pregnant women.
Cigarette smoke removal can be challenging depending on the number of smokers in the house as well as the space you are working with. Therefore, it is only wise to invest in something like an air purifier to remove it.
Here are some health risks that come with exposure to cigarette smoke and reasons why you should strive to eliminate it from your surroundings.
- Cigarette smoke causes cancer– You can easily develop different kinds of cancer from long-term exposure to cigarette smoke. It has a link to cancer of the brain, bladder, stomach, breast, rectum, pharynx (throat) as well as larynx (voice box) cancer, and nasal sinuses.
Moreover, kids can easily develop leukemia, liver cancer, brain tumors as well as lymphoma
- Cardiovascular diseases– Cigarette smoke always affects the heart and the blood vessels thereby increasing your chances of having a heart attack and stroke
- Depression– Studies have linked long-term exposure to cigarette smoke to symptoms of depression. Therefore, if you are living with a smoker, you should invest in the cigarette smoke removal air purifier before you become depressed
- Affects kids– Cigarette smoke has a high effect on kids and can make them sick more often than usual. It can lead to bronchitis and pneumonia as well as an ear infection, coughs, wheezing, shortness of breath and asthma. Besides, these symptoms are also present in some adults
- Odor and irritation– The odor from cigarette smoke can be very annoying and can even make you lose an appetite. It can also irritate your nasal, especially if you have any respiratory ailments
Things to Consider
An air purifier for cigarette smoke removal often needs to have some key technological features without which it will be rendered ineffective. As much as the label says it can take care of any odor, you have to make sure it can remove cigarette smoke.
Here are some top guides, to buying a quality air purifier.
- True HEPA Filter-HEPA filtration system is the key technology required in an air purifier. This is because it can get rid of up to 99.97% of airborne contaminants and particles as small as 0.3 microns. It can easily take care of tobacco and smoke particles as well as airborne allergens, dust, pollens, mold, and pet dander
- Activated Carbon Filter– This filter often complements the HEPA filtration system by taking care of all odor from cigarette smoke to fumes and odor from chemicals, detergents, and It is the best feature in an air purifier, especially if you have daily cigarette smoke to deal with
- Energy Cost– This is important as an air purifier is always meant to run 24/7. Nevertheless, you can find very quality ones which are energy efficient, saving you up to 30% of electricity bills
- Area Coverage– You should consider your room or space coverage before buying an air purifier to remove cigarette smoke. Otherwise, the air purifier will not work as expected. You can check on the manufacturers recommended space coverage before purchasing. You should note that rooms are measured in square footage
- Fan Speed– It is always best to opt for an air purifier with an adjustable fan speed. An air purifier with 3 plus fan speeds is ideal for any environment as you can have it high and loud during the day and silently low at night
- Maintenance Costs– Before settling for any air purifier meant to remove smoke cigarette, you should be well informed about its replacement and maintenance parts. As much as you want quality, affordable air purifier, its maintenance cost can add up, making it a very expensive machine to own
- Warranty and Guarantee– The longer the warranty the better the unit, in terms of maintenance and performance, a year plus warranty is a good deal. You should also check for the duration covered by the money-back guarantee in case it malfunctions or does not work at all
- Cost– Cigarette smoke and your health have no budget. You just have to get the best, with quality filtration features as well as room coverage. Never settle for less when it comes to your well-being
1. SilverOnyx Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter
This is the best air purifier for homes with smokers and pets. This is because its five-stage level of filtration system can take care of different kinds of odor as well as airborne particles like pet dander.
Its True HEPA filter can remove 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns. These can range from pet dander, dust and allergens as well as cigarette smoke particles.
It has activated carbon filters to remove odors from cigarette smoke, household detergents, and chemicals fumes.
This air purifier is multi-purpose and can get rid of large particles using its mesh pre-filter. Its UV-C light can help with bacteria and other air pollutants.
It has an anion generator that releases negative molecules that attach to the inactive airborne contaminants leaving you with fresh air.
Other useful features are its ON/OFF timer, auto-mode with a PM2.5 sensor, as well as a LED light display system for easier operation and control. Besides, it can cover rooms of up to 600 square feet.
What Makes This Air Purifier Best for Cigarette Smoke Removal?
- Comes with an Activated carbon filter– This feature is must for any air purifier required to remove cigarette smoke. This is because it can take care of any household odor be it from food, chemicals, carpets and even cigarettes
- Has True HEPA filter– This filter can remove up to 99.97% of cigarette smoke particles, dust and other airborne allergens within your surroundings
- It is Multi-purpose with a five-stage filtration system – It does not only remove cigarette smoke but ensures that 99.97% of airborne particles are removed from the air. It can take care of pet dander, dust mites, and other allergens in the air leaving you with a fresh surrounding
2. Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA
This air purifier is great for removing cigarette smoke as it has an odor-reducing activated carbon filter as well as a True HEPA filter that takes care of 99.97% of air contaminants from allergens to cigarette smoke particles.
In addition, it has a PlasmaWave technology that acts as a permanent filter, breaking down allergens, odor from cigarette smoke as well as chemical vapors and other airborne impurities.
This air purifier has a CADR rating of 232 for smoke, while that for dust is 243 and pollen 246.
It has a filter replacement indicator, smart sensors for detecting the quality of air as well as an auto-mode feature for auto-purification. It also has a timer for easier control of the purification time.
Moreover, it is best suited for medium and large rooms of up to 360 square feet.
3. AeraMax 100 Home Air Purifier
This air purifier can take care of cigarette smoke due to its HEPA filtration system that has AeraSafe Antimicrobial Treatment. This enables it to get rid of up to 99.97% of airborne allergens, ragweed, germs, viruses, mold spores, dust mites as well as cigarette smoke.
It can remove airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns and has a special feature mode for allergies, cold and flu season. Moreover, it is very effective when it comes to capturing influenza indoors.
Besides, it has a four-stage filtration system that consists of activated carbon filter for odor removal, True HEPA filter, an AeraSafe Antimicrobial Treatment and a PlasmaTrue Technology, which creates an ionized field to help with the removal of different kinds of air pollutants.
In addition, it is easy to use and maintain and comes with LED display lights for easier operation and control.
4. Levoit Air Purifier Filtration with True HEPA Filter
This here is the best air purifier for those who suffer from nasal stuffiness and allergies. It has a three-stage filtration system that consists of a pre-filter for taking care of airborne bacteria, fungi, and mold.
Its True HEPA filter gets rid of up to 99.97% of dust mites and pollen while the activated carbon neutralizes and captures odors from pets, food and cigarette smoke.
It is easy to set and control and comes with a three-speed fan for low, medium and high. Additionally, it is 100% Ozone free.
Besides, it is highly portable and has a nightlight feature with two brightness settings, to aid your path as well as ease the set-up process.
5. Ivation Medium Size 3-In-1 True HEPA Air Purifier
This air purifier has a three-stage filtration system that consists of a pre-filter for hair and large particles, a HEPA filter for dust, allergens, and germs. Its activated carbon filters help in removing cigarette smoke odor, gasses as well as chemical fumes.
Besides, it has an eco-friendly built-in UV-C light for removing bacteria and mold as well as odor from food, pets, mildew and cigarette smoke. In addition, it has an optional setting for a negative ion technology to get rid of any output from computers and televisions.
It has a three-speed setting and is CADR rated 125+. Besides, it can deodorize and refresh your surroundings, improving your quality of breathable air as well as respiratory function and heart health.
FAQs: 10 Most Frequently Asked Questions by Customers
- Question: Can you wash the filters of the SilverOnyx Air Purifier?
Answer: You can wash its pre-filter in the sink, its HEPA filter should never get wet, you can just shake it out and remove the larger debris in it with a soft brush
- Question: Can you turn off the ionizer for the SilverOnyx Air Purifier?
Answer: Yes, you can via the Vita-Ion ON/OFF button
- Question: Can the Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier filter out junk from a forest fire?
Answer: Yes, it can through its HEPA filter
- Question: Does the Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier emit Ozone into the air?
Answer: No, it does not
- Question: Does the AeraMax 100 Home Air Purifier turn the room temperature cold?
Answer: No, it just filters the air and improves its quality
- Question: What is the CADR rating of the AeraMax 100 Home Air Purifier?
Answer: Its CADR rating for smoke is 68 while for dust is 65 and for pollen is 75
- Question: How long is the power cord for the Levoit Air Purifier?
Answer: It is about 6 feet long
- Question: Can the Levoit Air Purifier operate on its side or upside down, if it were to be mounted on a wall or ceiling?
Answer: No, as its user manual and instructions states that it should be placed in a flat-leveled surface area, with 18 inches of space around it. This is to enable it to freely draw dirty air via its bottom vents, where the HEPA filter is located
- Question: Does the Ivation Medium Size 3-In-1 True HEPA Air Purifier work properly if placed on a carpeted floor?
Answer: Yes, it works fine on a carpeted floor
- Question: Does the Ivation Medium Size 3-In-1 True HEPA Air Purifier come with a warranty and how long is it?
Answer: Yes, it comes with a one-year limited warranty that starts from the day of purchase
Conclusively, an air purifier meant to remove cigarette smoke should always have a HEPA filter and an activated carbon filter, for it to work as stipulated by the manufacturer.
Therefore, if you are in the market for one, do not hesitate to try out our top choice or any other on the above list. They are all effective, durable and within a friendly price range.