An air purifier with permanent filter is usually one of the best deals when it comes to sprucing your home environment. A well-maintained permanent filter often extends the life of the air purifier by maximizing its overall performance.
- Best Air Purifiers with Permanent Filter
- Honeywell HFD-120-Q QuietClean Tower Air Purifier with Permanent Washable Filters
- Why Should You Trust Us?
- Why Do You Need an Air Purifier with Permanent Filter?
- Buying Guide
- Things to Consider While Buying an Air Purifier with Permanent Filter
- 1. Honeywell HFD-120-Q QuietClean Tower Air Purifier with Permanent Washable Filters
- 2. Airfree P1000 Filterless Air Purifier
- 3. Holmes LifeLong Filter HEPA Type Air Purifier
- 4. Envion Therapure TPP240 Permanent HEPA Type Air Purifier
- 5. Oreck Pro Air Purifier with Permanent Filter
- Air Purifier FAQs: 10 Most Frequently Asked Questions by Customers
Best Air Purifiers with Permanent Filter
It is easy to use and maintain. You just need to clean it with a vacuum cleaner or a hand brush more often for effectiveness. A permanent filter does not need any soap or water, as it will ruin it. Besides, it can save you loads of money on filter replacements.
Therefore, if you are looking to buy a durable air purifier with permanent filter, you can start with our top five below. You can use this review to learn more about a permanent filter. Get to know why need one with it as well as some buying tips.
Why Should You Trust Us?
Our home improvement website has a task of helping you find the most convenient, affordable and useful products for your home. This often includes loads of stuff like an air purifier. Nevertheless, maintenance is always an issue especially if it involves money.
Therefore, we have come up with a credible list of some long-lasting air purifiers that use permanent filters that are easy to maintain by just washing or vacuuming. You can trust on this top 5 list of air purifier with permanent filter to work as stipulated.
Why Do You Need an Air Purifier with Permanent Filter?
Air purifiers that have permanent filters are always better than those that need replacement. However, most can only get rid of airborne contaminants and particles as small as 2 microns or larger. However, their features and upgrade options are often limited but that does not mean that they are ineffective.
Here are some reasons why one without a filter is always the best option when compared to replaceable filters.
- Low-cost maintenance– An air purifier with a permanent filter is very easy to maintain, as you will end up saving loads of cash on replacement filters by just washing or vacuuming it. You can also use a hand brush or the crevice tool attached to the vacuum cleaner to clean it. Just check your maintenance guide before using any of the maintenance options
- Easy to clean– It is easy to clean, as some need vacuuming while others need washing. Besides, you can always clean it up whenever you want, no need to wait for the filter check indicator
- Can work with small and medium spaces– Most of these air purifiers that have permanent filter embedded in them can only work with small and medium-sized rooms of up to 200 square foot. Therefore, if you have an office space or room under 200 square foot, do not hesitate to buy it
Things to Consider While Buying an Air Purifier with Permanent Filter
Buying an air purifier can be hard. However, if you know what to look for in a quality one, you will eventually end up with a long-lasting functional product.
Here are some buying guides for air purifiers with a permanent filter.
- Filter type- The filter that your air purifier uses is also important, some have permanent HEPA filter while others are a combination of washable pre-filters and other filters like patented iFD, photocatalyst filter, and permanent Truman Cell filters. You can make your pick, depending on many things like performance level, ease of cleaning and longevity
- Use and performance level– Before you buy any of these, ensure you check what it can purify and at what percentage, as most cannot cover air pollutants below 2 microns. Nevertheless, it can easily take care of plant spores, dust, and pollen
- Coverage area- You should also consider the manufacturer recommended coverage space in relation to your own space in a square foot. Besides, most are designed with permanent filter can only cover small and medium-sized spaces of up to 200 square foot
- CADR and ACH rate– CADR is the rate at which an it can purify certain air contaminants, in the given The greater it is the better. It stands for Clean Air Delivery Rate.
The ACH is the Air Changes per Hour and it stipulates how often the air purifier can clean the given room in an hour. Always go for higher ACH, 4+ and above anything, less than this is ineffective
- Energy consumption– Air purifiers are meant to operate 24/7, so look for one which is Energy Star Certified, to save on energy costs
- Ease of cleaning and maintenance- Air purifiers with permanent filters are usually easy to clean, you can wash with water, vacuum or use a hand brush to remove the debris. Either way, just check the user manual before cleaning it up
- Cost- There are loads of models that use a permanent filter. You can always go for an affordable model if you have a tight budget. Expensive is never effective and cheap is not low quality. Look for the required features and performance level just to be sure
- Noise level- Air purifiers often make loads of noise at its highest setting, so settle for one that has 30-40 decibels on its highest settings. As this means you can sleep and work through it be it day or night. Avoid those with 55+ decibels, as they can easily interrupt your sleep and work progress
- Filter replacement indicator- An air purifier with a permanent filter, usually needs a convenient filter indicator to remind you when to clean the filters. However, even frequent clean-ups without it can still maximize its performance.
1. Honeywell HFD-120-Q QuietClean Tower Air Purifier with Permanent Washable Filters
This air purifier comes with two reusable filters you can wash and vacuum for optimal performance. You can use its electronic filter check indicator to know when to wash or vacuum the filters. Additionally, it has ionizers for a quick boost to air freshening.
It has a LED touch button control system as well as a three-speed fan system you can adjust. Besides, it can remove up to 99% of air allergens as big as 2 microns, using its three-step filtration system.
Moreover, it operates very silently and has a 5ACH rate, meaning it can circulate the room 5 times in an hour. In addition, its CADR for smoke, dust, and pollen are 110, 100 and 132 respectively. It also has an ON/OFF oscillation control system.
This is AHAM Certified and can cover rooms of up to 170 square feet.
What Makes This The Best Air Purifier With Permanent Filter?
- Higher ACH rate– This air purifier can circulate and purify your surrounding air 5X in an hour, making it highly effective when it comes to providing quality breathable air
- Re-usable filters– It comes with two re-usable filters you can easily wash, brush away or vacuum to enhance its performance and lifespan. The two filters are the pre-filter which capture hair and dust and the Patented iFD higher performance filter for fine dust, pollen, pet dander and smoke particles and odor
- Higher performance level– When it comes to performance, it is very effective in removing up to 99% of air contaminants from allergens, dust mites, pet dander, pollen, mold spores as well as cooking and tobacco smoke
- Easy maintenance– You can wash, brush or vacuum its reusable filters four times in a year, depending on use as well as your surrounding environment, no expertise required
2. Airfree P1000 Filterless Air Purifier
This unique model of an air purifier uses the filterless technology to purify indoor air. Moreover, it has an exclusive Patented Thermodynamic TSS Technology that uses heat to destroy airborne microorganisms, leaving you with air that is 100% clean.
This can easily get rid of bacteria, viruses, pollen, dust mites, pet dander, tobacco, mold and other airborne organic allergens. It does all these, in complete silence without emitting any harmful or dangerous chemicals, Ozone, Ions, and UV.
It does not require any maintenance as it is filterless. Besides, it is energy efficient, as it has no filters or fans to work with. Instead, it has a heating system that sterilizes bad air, after which it cools it and releases it back to the environment.
3. Holmes LifeLong Filter HEPA Type Air Purifier
This tower design, air purifier can take care of up to 99% of mold spores, pollen, pet dander and smoke due to its permanent HEPA type filter. It has a three-speed fan setting you can use to clean your air.
Its optional ionizer feature can improve particle removal by releasing its negatively charged ions to attach to other small airborne particles, thus making them bigger for an easier capture by the filter.
Moreover, this is recommendable for medium-sized rooms of up to 170 square feet.
Its permanent HEPA filter never needs a replacement, you can just vacuum it every 3-months for optimal performance. Besides, it has a CADR rating of 110.
4. Envion Therapure TPP240 Permanent HEPA Type Air Purifier
This air purifier uses a triple action purification system that consists of a patented hemispherical HEPA filter for eliminating, dust, pollen, and smoke. It also has the UV germicidal light for airborne germs and bacteria and the photocatalyst filter for getting rid of all the harmful carpet fumes, toxic paint, and household chemicals.
In relation, it can capture up to 99% of these air contaminants, as small as 0.3 microns. It is ideal for medium-sized rooms of up to 200 square feet.
Moreover, it has a CADR ionizer with an ON/0FF button, which can instantly revitalize your air. Besides, it has a CADR of 137, 132 and 155 for smoke, dust, and pollen respectively.
In addition, it comes with a convenient easy to read and use digital display system as well as a 24-hour timer.
This air purifier is easy to maintain and comes with a clean filter indicator.
5. Oreck Pro Air Purifier with Permanent Filter
This air purifier has a six-stage filtration system that includes a patented Truman cell technology that works like a magnet to capture airborne dust and allergens. Moreover, it has an Odor Absorber Plus that can get rid of chemical fumes from solvents and synthetic materials, without ever needing a replacement.
Additionally, it has a True HEPA filter that can take care of mold spores, pollen, household dust and pet dander.
It has a Silence Technology that ensures it operates quietly day and night. It has a three-speed setting, low, medium and high and comes with a convenient filter clean indicator.
In addition to all these, it also features a nightlight and fragrance cartridges.
Air Purifier FAQs: 10 Most Frequently Asked Questions by Customers
- Question: Does the Honeywell HFD-120-Q have a warranty?
Answer: Yes, it does. It comes with a 5-year LIMITED warranty
- Question: Does the Honeywell HFD-120-Q QuietClean get rid of the indoor odor?
Answer: Yes, it does get rid of odor from cigarette smoke and food
- Question: How do you know that the Airfree P1000 is heating up properly since it is always cool to the touch and very enclosed?
Answer: Its base usually glows a soft blue when it is heating/operating
- Question: Is the Airfree P1000 Energy Star Certified?
Answer: No, it is not but since it does not have any fans and filters, it consumes very little energy. You can check your electricity bill for verification
- Question: How does the ionizer of the Holmes LifeLong Filter HEPA Type work?
Answer: It magnetizes the dust for an easy draw into the filter
- Question: Is there a replacement filter for the Holmes LifeLong Filter HEPA Type Air Purifier?
Answer: No, as they are lifetime filters, you just have to clean it as recommended for quality performance
- Question: Should I place the Envion Therapure TPP240 at a higher or lower place in the room?
Answer: It is a floor-standing air purifier and works best like that, circulating the surrounding air quite efficiently
- Question: Can you wash the filter of the Envion Therapure TPP240 Permanent HEPA Type Air Purifier?
Answer: No, you cannot, only vacuuming
- Question: Does the Oreck Pro require replacement filters and does it emit Ozone?
Answer: No, it does not require a replacement filter, as all its filters can be cleaned for a re-use. As for Ozone, it does not emit any
- Question: Can I use essential oils with the Oreck Pro Air Purifier with Permanent Filter?
Answer: It has a deodorizer port on its side that can accommodate little pieces of these fragrances, just in small amounts
Therefore, investing in an air purifier with permanent filters is not a bad idea. You can find affordable types designed just for your room and workspace. The only thing, you will have to do is maintain it by washing, vacuuming or brushing all the debris away. You can check the user manual on how to clean it if you are lost.
You can start with the above list, make your pick according to your space and buying tips in mind. This will enable you to have the best of them all for your home. Moreover, the price is never an issue here as these air purifiers are all durable with zero maintenance cost, even in the end.
Related Buyer’s Guides: