Best Bagged Vacuum Cleaner Reviews
Vacuuming your home or office is not always that fun but it can be easier with the best bagged vacuum cleaner. Getting the right model of a bagged vacuum cleaner is crucial for your space, as it determines its ease functionality as well as maintenance.
Best Bagged Vacuum Reviews
However, it is not so easy to buy bagged vacuum cleaners. This is because there are many brands and models that choosing one can be hard and time-consuming. Nevertheless, we have compiled a top 10 list for you in this bagged vacuum review. You just have to be acquainted with some of its basics as well as buying guide before opting for any model below.
Advantages of Bagged Vacuum Cleaners
You should know more about a bagged vacuum cleaner. This way you can opt for it, as opposed to any other type of vacuum cleaner in the market. Here are some top advantages of owning a bagged vacuum cleaner.
- A Great Choice For Allergy Sufferers– You never have to open or see any dust collected in a bagged vacuum, as you just remove the bag and throw it away. It is safe for your health, especially if you have serious issues with different allergies.
- Convenient– This type of vacuum is highly convenient to use and maintain, as you can find the replacement bags in almost any store. As much as the replacement bags can make it expensive to maintain, you can always buy those with large capacities and in bulk to save money.
- Efficient Suction- These vacuums usually have strong suction power, as it passes air directly through its hose. However, this power highly depends on its quality.
- Easy Maintenance- It is very easy to maintain a bagged vacuum cleaner, as it does not require any replacement of filters or expensive parts. You just need to replace its bag that is filter-embedded, as soon as it gets full, which can take some time depending on its capacity, your space and vacuuming frequency.
- Easy to Use- You will not have to remove the bag, as often as you would empty a bagless vacuum cleaner. Besides, the bag is very easy to remove, no mess or unhygienic contact with the collected debris. Nonetheless, always have a replacement bag at hand, to avoid inconvenience. They are very easy to get.
- Affordable– A vacuum with a replaceable bag is very affordable, even if you have to replace the bag when full. Nonetheless, you can easily get a quality one at a good price, if you know what to look for before buying.
Buyer’s Guide: Best Bagged Canister Vacuum Cleaners
A bagged canister vacuum is suitable for hard surfaced floors from tiles, stone, hardwood floors as well as low pile rugs or carpets. It usually features a large canister, a conveniently lengthy hose, and vacuuming attachments.
It comes with different cleaning accessories for furniture, stairs, corners, walls, and ceilings, making it highly versatile. Besides, they are usually lightweight and easy to use in whichever space.
Quality ones have higher power level as well as flow rate for an easier and faster clean up. Hence, picking a higher percentage of dust particles, which is important if you are busy and want to get over with the vacuuming ASAP.
What to Look for While Buying Bagged Canister Vacuum Cleaners?
There are so many things to consider when buying a canister bagged vacuum. There are different brands and models that can make it hard to pick a quality one. However, here are some pointers to look for before making your purchase.
- Canister Capacity– You should always purchase a canister vacuum with a huge carrying capacity, for less emptying of the debris. The bigger it is the more vacuuming you will manage with minimal emptying trips, thus saving you loads of time.
- Power Level– The motor power should always be higher for optimal delivery, as expected. The higher it is the faster and efficient the vacuuming.
- Cord Length– A longer power cord can save you a lot of time during vacuuming, as you will move a lot without plugging and unplugging the cord to different power sources.
- Weight– Since you will be carrying it around the house as you clean, you should opt for one with a lighter weight, for easy maneuverability.
- Additional Essential Accessories– When selecting a model of this vacuum type, always inspect if it comes with other tools for cleaning difficult spaces, surfaces, corners, ceilings and other hard to reach places.
- Warranty– Check for warranty and be sure to note its coverage period as well as what it actually covers. This is because you can buy a faulty item with several flaws inhibiting it functionality from day one.
- Price– Even though you are on a budget, you should always opt for a quality canister bagged vacuum. Go for value and do not assume that cheap is inferior and expensive is quality. Just consider its functionality and essential useful features mentioned above, before placing a price on it.
1. Hoover Platinum Collection Lightweight Bagged Upright with Canister Vacuum
This is one of the best bagged vacuum cleaners for the money. It might come out as pricey, but it is one of the most affordable in the current market given its level of functionality as well as ease of use and maintenance.
This bagged upright vacuum comes with a powerful motor for effective cleaning. It is also lightweight, for easy carrying floor to floor during vacuuming.
Besides, it can vacuum any space due to its Direct Air Flow Technology and Wind Tunnel Tech that ensures it delivers fast and efficient results in no time. The Wind Tunnel Technology is what makes it perfect for deep cleaning carpets.
In addition, it features a bag-full indicator, a canister cleaner, as well as a fingertip, controls for easy ON/OFF turn and a dual speed control system for high and low settings.
What Makes This The Best Bagged Vacuum Cleaner?
- HEPA Filter– This vacuum cleaner uses HEPA filtration system that works at keeping all the allergens in the bag, trapping up to 99.97% of .3 microns of dust and pollen. This makes it ideal for those who are prone to different environmental allergies or suffering from asthma or any other respiratory ailment. Besides, it uses a sealed bag system with a huge carrying capacity. Nothing ever comes out even during removal.
- Attachments– This upright vacuum comes with three convenient attachments to aid is usefulness. They are the crevice, telescopic wand, brush, floor tool and a 5-foot hose. You should note that the floor tool does not have a motorized brush for carpets, making it ideal for bare floors only.
- Suction Power– The suction power of this vacuum is great and reliable. It can take care of any dust and debris quickly. This high suction power is what enables it to clean pet hair on bare and carpeted floors.
2. Kenmore Elite Pet-Friendly Ultra Plush Bagged Canister Vacuum
This is the best bagged vacuum for people suffering from Asthma or any other form of allergy. This is because it features a HEPA media filter that can easily get rid of any dust, allergens and irritant pollutants that may pose a risk to your health. Besides, the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America has certified it.
As for performance level, its 12 Amp motor will ensure efficient results, while its performance indicator will tell you when to check for clogs or replace its bag.
You can rely on this vacuum cleaner to maneuver on dense super and ultra-plush carpets with ease, up to 30% easy pull and push. For deep cleaning, you can use the ultra-plush nozzle while for a gentle clean use the variable power, especially for delicate carpets and rugs.
In addition, it features a motorized pet cleaning tool and four other versatile cleaning tools. It has a 26-inch power cord.
What Makes This The Best Bagged Canister Vacuum?
- Motorized Pet PowerMate– This vacuum features a motorized pet attachment that easily gets rid of stubborn pet hair or dust out of carpets and hard to reach places. Its ultra-plush nozzle uses a very powerful airflow technology for deep cleaning stubborn pet hair from the floors to the furniture. Besides, this pet PowerMate tool features convenient board storage.
- Two-Motor System– This unit features a very powerful motor inducer that gives you up to 20% more air power than any other competitive model of an upright vacuum cleaner. This way you cannot lose suction power or leave any debris behind while vacuuming any space.
- Attachments– It features very useful attachments like a telescoping wand, an automatic cord rewind, a convenient swivel steering system, and an on handle setting adjustments, all for easing the vacuuming.
3. Dirt Devil Tattoo Crimson Bouquet Bagged Canister Vacuum Cleaner
This is one of the easiest vacuum machines to use, as it is lightweight and easy to operate. It is the perfect fit for dormitory rooms as well as first apartments. As much as it has a stylish design, it still has all the necessary vacuuming tools for a thorough and deep cleanup.
Moreover, its powerful motor ensures that its suction power is always on point, vacuuming all types of mess around.
This bagged canister vacuum has a 20-foot long power cord, for easy and fast vacuuming without the constant unplugging and plugging to different power outlets.
However, when you want to clean the rag, you will have to pass through multiple passes, but the results make the whole process worthy. It has a 1-year warranty.
Why Do We Recommend This Bagged Vacuum Cleaner?
- Attachments– When it comes to cleaning, this bagged vacuum cleaner vacuums with ease, thanks to the accompanying crevice tool, bare floor tool, and dusting brush. Besides, its automatic cord rewind usually makes for an easier storage, saving on the storage space. You just tap for a quick rewind in seconds.
- Motor Power– This vacuum comes with a 10 Amp powerful motor for efficient vacuuming. This power is what makes the suction constant. Besides, it has 11-inches of Direct Path Technology nozzle that covers all areas without a single miss.
- Filtration– It features a replaceable and rinse-able sealed allergen system HEPA secondary filtration for keeping all the debris away from you and the dusted environment. Moreover, this machine is ETL approved for all safety standards, so do not worry about any health risks.
4. Eureka Mighty Mite Pet Lover Bagged Vacuum
This bagged vacuum can capture up to 99.97% of 0.3 microns or larger dust and pet dander particles, as it features a HEPA filtration system. This filter can make your surroundings clean and allergy-free.
In relation, its Arm and Hammer odor eliminating dust bag can easily take care of pet odor and still capture the dangerous allergy-causing pet dander. This high filtration dust bag can go a long way in saving your health, especially if you susceptible to different kinds of allergies.
It also has a blower port for blowing away any debris or dirt, for an easy cleanup of outside space and the garage.
Why Did We Include This Bagged Canister Vacuum Cleaner?
- Pet Pal Cleaning Tools– This vacuum has Pet Pal tools that work together to clean up any pet hair on the stairs or upholstery. These tools are PET Power Paw, a motorized dual-purpose dusting brush as well as a crevice tool and an upholstery nozzle. Moreover, due to its lightweight design and telescopic wand you can remove dirt and any pet hair in corners and other hard to reach spaces.
- Attachments– It is one versatile vacuum cleaner that comes with onboard cleaning attachment tools useful for vacuuming stairs, bare floors, area rugs, and They include a floor tool, crevice tool, Pet Power Paw Tool, and a combination upholstery/brush tool. These cleaning tools are conveniently located on top of its canister for easy storage.
- Motor Power– This appliance has a powerful motor of 12 Amp, which produces a good amount of suction power for efficient vacuuming on different surfaces.
5. Bissell Zing Bagged Vacuum Cleaner
For a conveniently affordable yet effective bagged canister vacuum. This one here is the best choice. It comes at an affordable rate, compared to the other vacuum machines listed here.
Moreover, it has useful features that ease its cleaning process, like a telescoping wand for easy maneuverability under the furniture. The wand also makes it easier to clean hard to reaches places like ceilings and drapes.
Other essential accompanying features include an automatic cord rewind feature, variable suction control as well as a full bag indicator.
On a lighter note, when using this appliance on carpets always ensure that the carpet brush is engaged on the floor nozzle.
Why is it Featured in Our Bagged Vacuum Cleaner Review?
- Versatility– You can easily move from cleaning a hard floor to vacuuming a carpeted one, using this unit. You can make the swift change with the flip of a switch. However, for carpets, the carpet brush should always be, engaged with the floor nozzle.
- Variable Suction Power- This vacuum has a 10 Amp motor that ensures that the suction power is just right for the cleaning. However, the suction power can be a bit powerful for some cleaning, but you can always adjust it as recommended, depending on what you are vacuuming.
- Useful Attachments– This Bissell vacuum model features some very attractive and useful attachment for easing the vacuuming experience. Some of its accompanying attachment tools include a 5-inch hose, floor nozzle, an extension wand, upholstery tools as well as a combination tool consisting of a crevice tool and dusting brush, all in one.
Buyer’s Guide: How to Buy the Best Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaners?
A bagged upright vacuum cleaner remains one of the most popular vacuums in the current market space. This is due to its versatile cleaning level aided by different attachment tools and accessories. It also has powerful cleaning strength.
This type of vacuum cleaner can clean any sort of carpet as well as floors with ease. Moreover, it can deep clean the dust, dirt, and microbes that usually get ground on different kinds of carpet.
Besides, the reason it can deep clean any type of carpet is mostly due to its roller brush placed in the vacuum head. Nonetheless, you can always turn the roller brush off when you are cleaning wood surfaces, tiled and hard floors. This way you prevent any scratches and damages to the floor.
What to Look for While Buying Best Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaners?
It is usually a different story when it comes to buying an upright bagged vacuum cleaner. This is because the market is flooded with them, at varying price ranges with different attachment tools, accessories, and design.
However, you should always consider other factors that go beyond the price tag. Even though, you are on a budget consider some of these aspects, before making your purchase.
- Suction Power– It is simple, the stronger the suction power the easier and fast the cleaning process. However, always opt for an upright vacuum with an adjustable suction power, as a strong suction power can overload the vacuum and with time ruin the carpet.
- HEPA Filtration– This filter usually ensures that no dust goes back into your surroundings. It is important for you, especially if you are sensitive to dust or susceptible to environmental allergies.
- Wattage– Always analyze the input power of its motor, it is in watts.
- Weight– The lighter it is the easier it would be to carry around and floor to floor, during cleaning. Moreover, consider its level of maneuverability in relation to weight, especially if you are likely to vacuum tight spaces.
- Dust Bag Capacity– The larger the bag, the longer it would take before you need a replacement.
- Cord Length– An upright vacuum with a lengthy cord can save you a lot of time unplugging and plugging the vacuum, especially if it is a large space. Besides, a retractable cord can also make work easier for you after vacuuming.
- Number and Types of Attachments- The more versatile it is the better, as it will cover any type of floor in every inch. Some essential attachments are crevice tools, upholstery brushes, and extension wands among others.
- Warranty– Always opt for an upright vacuum with a longer warranty, as they are very complex machines liable to malfunctions and breakages.
6. Hoover Commercial WindTunnel Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner
This is one of the most reliable and convenient bagged vacuum cleaner, in the current market. It features commercially quality urethane wheels that provide traction and prevents the occurrence of markings, during vacuuming.
In relation, its non-marking furniture guard protects the baseboard, furniture, and walls from scratches and nicks during clean up. Besides, it has baseboard-cleaning bristles for effective vacuuming along baseboards and corners.
You can manually adjust its height up to five positions, depending on the height of the carpet you are vacuuming. It also features an extreme recline handle for cleaning under the tables, chairs, and beds.
Additionally, it has a powerful 12 Amp motor for fast and thorough vacuuming. You will also notice that it has a 13-inch cleaning path and features two brush agitators and edge groomers for effective vacuuming.
As for dust collection, its reusable cloth bag can save you loads of money on buying disposable replacement bags.
It comes with a one-year commercial warranty and a 2-year LIMITED warranty on the motor.
What Makes This The Best Bagged Upright Vacuum?
- Patented Advanced WindTunnel Technology– This unit features a reliable and useful technology that has three air tunnels for lifting and removing, any form of embedded debris off surfaces, for an efficient cleanup. It is one useful feature in this Hoover commercial model that saves time on vacuuming.
- On-Board Cleaning Accessories– You can ease your vacuuming by making use of some of its attachments tools, depending on what you are cleaning. They include two extension wands, stretch hose, upholstery tool, crevice tool and dusting brush. It also has a convenient upfront carry handle for portability.
- Filtration– It features HEPA filtration system that keeps all the dust and debris inside the dust bag. This 9-stage allergen filtration system is what saves you from any risk of environmental allergies or dust particles, which may lead to severe health issues.
7. Oreck Commercial Bagged Upright Vacuum
This bagged vacuum cleaner has a convenient 12-inch cleaning path, wide enough for a single pass clean. Moreover, its powerful motor and high suction power ensures that it is up to speed for fast, but clean results.
You can rely on its side-edge brushes to clean top-surfaces, corners, and baseboards with ease. Besides, its helping hand handle makes the cleaning easy. It has actually received Ease-Of-Use Commendation from the Arthritis Foundation.
As for the ON/OFF switch, it is conveniently located in its handgrip for convenience during use. It can also bend and lay flat to reach hard places like corners and under furniture.
This Oreck model takes less storage space and is suited for carpets and hard surfaces, moving swiftly from one to the other thanks to its automatic floor adjustment system.
In addition, it comes with a 1-year warranty and hypoallergenic disposable bags to get you started. The disposable bags also have antimicrobial property for preventing the growth of fungi and bacteria.
Why Should You Buy This Bagged Vacuum Cleaner?
- Furniture-Friendly– You can rely on this upright vacuum to clean without causing any damages to your surrounding furniture, no matter how many times you bump it. This is because it is low profile with an automatic floor adjustment system, which eases the vacuuming safely from one point to the next. Besides, it also features clear non-marring bumpers and soft wheels.
- Features Tough Durable Parts– This unit has some of the best vacuum parts, durable and strong for long-term use. Some of these parts include a permanent belt, 35 feet of strong and functional power cord, as well as high-quality brushes for long-term efficient vacuuming.
- Filtration System– This vacuum cleaner has a quality filtration system, the XL Filter Knit, which can take care of mold, dust and other allergens that may be a risk to your health and well-being. The XL Filter Knit can easily take care of any large particles within your surroundings.
8. Bissell Cleanview Pet Bagged Vacuum Cleaner
This is the best bagged vacuum for pet owners. It has a powerful 8-Amp motor and a high suction power for cleaning after pets as well as any dirt or debris within your space.
Any pet parent can find it useful for picking pet hair across multiple floor types, using its Triple Action Brush Roll. The brush easily loosens, lifts, and removes any kind of embedded dirt and pet hair from multiple surface areas.
Besides, it flexible pet crevice tool can remove pet hair and dirt in hard to reach spaces. It is also easy to maneuver due to its less weight. Thus, you can clean every inch of your space hassle-free.
It has a convenient 27-foot long cord for easy cleaning of large spaces.
What Makes This One Of the Best Bagged Upright Vacuum?
- Versatile– You can easily clean any type of mess from debris to dust and pet hair, using this upright vacuum. This is all thanks to its useful onboard cleaning tools from a stretch hose, to a flexible pet crevice tool. Besides, it has convenient on-board tool storage for use when needed.
- Filtration System– It features a Premium Allergen Filtration with Febreze Pet Odor Eliminator Style 7 Bag, for preventing any allergens from re-entering back into your surroundings. Besides, it easily manages this clean air by releasing fresh spring and renewable scent, back to the environment.
- Long Useful Warranty– This appliance comes with a reliable 3-year LIMITED warranty. You can read the warranty coverage, but you get 3-years of service or replacement as per the warranty specification.
9. Panasonic Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner
This bagged upright vacuum is a time-saver, as it can cover different surfaces within no time, swooping and clearing all dirt and pet hair without a miss. It easily achieves this using its headlight that auto-turns so you do not miss a spot.
In relation, its nozzles also contribute to its efficient cleaning results, so does the different onboard attachment tools like the stretchable hose for hard to reach places.
Moreover, after vacuuming, a light touch easily activates its automatic cord rewind feature, to save you more time in winding and storage, no cord tangling.
It also has a convenient ON/OFF switch on its body and a motor protection system that keeps all the dirt and debris away from its fan and motor, for increased lifespan.
Why Is This Among The Best Bagged Vacuum?
- Powerful Motor Power– Its powerful yet silent 12 Amp motor power usually delivers a strong and efficient cleanup, making it easier to clean a space quickly. Moreover, the heavier the pile of dirt, the better the results thanks to its 15-inch cleaning path that sweeps everything in one pass.
- Onboard QuickDraw Attachments– This appliance usually delivers quality vacuuming with the help of its onboard cleaning tools like the stretch hose, crevice tool, and dusting brush, two standard wands and an air turbine brush for pet hair removal. These attachment tools allow it to clean others areas apart from the floor like drapes, stairs, upholstery, and They usually rest in a vacuum side holster, for quick and immediate use.
- HEPA Filtration System– HEPA filtration is one of the safest filters a bagged vacuum can have and this one does not fall short of its glory. It can easily capture up to 99.97% of small particles and keep them inside the dust bag for your safety, be it allergens, pollutants, and other environmental irritants.
10. Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Corded Bagged Vacuum
This vacuum cleaner is ideal for carpeted floors and bare ones, as it has a convenient brush roll that you can conveniently turn ON for carpets and OFF for bare floors. You can easily make the switch, via its foot-pedal. You can also turn it off when using other attachments cleaning tools.
Besides, the brush roll is conveniently adjustable up to five different heights for better cleaning of different types of floors.
This unit also features a clean-drop bag system that makes it easier to dispose of the dust bag without ever touching it. You just make a simple touch, and it will let go off into the trashcan. Likewise, its full bag indicator will turn from green to red when full or when there is an obstruction or blockage of airflow in the vacuum.
In addition, it has intuitive features like, fingertip controls and a clip below its handle for keeping its power cord out of your way during vacuuming.
Why Should You Buy This Bagged Vacuum Cleaner?
- Attachment Cleaning Tools– This appliance features some useful tools that aid in cleaning different places apart from the carpeted and bare floors. They include an 8-foot stretch hose, crevice tool, a combination upholstery tool and dusting brush as well as an extension wand and an air-powered hand tool for upholstery, stairs, and other tough to reach places.
- WindTunnel Technology– It features a high-tech vacuuming system that guarantees efficient removal of any form of embedded dirt, dust or pet hair on any surface. Besides, this WindTunnel technology also minimizes blowbacks and scatter on the cleaned carpeted surface.
- HEPA Filtration– This bagged vacuum has disposable dust bags made from HEPA media filters that trap up to 99.97% of pollens and dust as low as .3 microns. Besides, you should note that it is the HEPA filter, which makes this vacuum cleaner best for allergy sufferers.
Bagged Vs. Bagless Vacuum Cleaners: Which One to Choose?
Choosing between bagless and bagged vacuum cleaners is not that hard, given your cleaning circumstances, budget, and maintenance. Both of them are effective when it comes to sucking the dust off your work or home space.
The difference usually lies on their features, accompanying accessories, and how useful they are during cleaning. Only you can know which type is best for your cleaning needs, but they both work effortlessly when it comes to vacuuming.
Therefore, in this section of the bagged vacuum review, we will highlight some important aspects as well as disadvantages of each vacuum, in order to make it easier for you to make a pick in accordance to your own convenience.
- How Eco-Friendly Do You Want the Vacuum Cleaner to Be?
Bagless vacuum cleaners are usually the best option for the environment, as they have nothing else to throw back to the environment except for the vacuumed dust. However, bagged vacuum cleaners usually go through many disposable bags, thus doing more harm than good to their environment.
- Are You Asthmatic or Prone To Environmental Allergies?
Vacuum cleaners with disposable bags are the best if you are prone to environmental allergies or happen to be asthmatic. This is because the bag is made from HEPA, High-Efficiency Particulate Air material for trapping dust and dirt, to avoid harmful exposure.
Even though bagged vacuums also have a HEPA filter, they cannot protect you in case of a severe health issue that stems from dirt and dust exposure.
Besides, a vacuum bag is less likely to emit any dust during disposal, but a bagless vacuum will obviously release dust back into the air during canister emptying.
- How Frequent Will You Be Emptying It?
You should determine how often you are willing to empty the vacuum cleaner, as bagged vacuum cleaners tend to hold twice as much debris as a bagless vacuum cleaner can at any given one time. Therefore, if you do not mind emptying the vacuum twice as often, you can go for a bagless one.
- Suction Power
Vacuum cleaners with disposable bag usually provide more suction power that can be of use in pet-friendly places and heavy carpeted areas. However, the suction often reduces as the bag fills up. On the other hand, bagless vacuums have less suction power and therefore ideal for hard surfaces.
- Ease of Retrieving Sucked Items
You can never retrieve any lost item in a vacuum with a disposable bag unless you cut through it. However, with a bagless vacuum, you can retrieve anything from its clear canister.
- Level of Maintenance
A bagless vacuum will require frequent filter cleaning and replacements for optimal functionality. However, a vacuum cleaner with a bag requires less maintenance since the bag is filter-embedded.
You should calculate long-term costs, as bagless vacuums are very expensive and will need a frequent filter change. However, bagged vacuums cost less and their bags always fill up depending on your vacuuming frequency.
In conclusion, before you opt for any model of a bagged vacuum cleaner, do some research and compare different bagged vacuum review. This way you stand a better chance of buying the best one for your needs.
You can start with the above bagged vacuum review. All the brands and models listed here are legit and highly reputable. Therefore, you can trust on getting the best bagged vacuum for the money. Feel free to share. You never know who is lost and looking.