Quality air is a priority anywhere. You just have to find the right device like a vacuum unit, for keeping it clean 24/7. Unlike other vacuum cleaners, the best central vacuum system needs only proper installation in your garage, basement or attic. You can also mount it on walls with brackets or braces, no need to drag it with you when you need a cleanup.
Best Central Vacuum System Reviews
Our selected list in this central vacuum system reviews is among the best central vacuum in the current market, in terms of efficient operation, ease of maintenance and cost as well as durability and compatibility with standard cleaning accessories. So read on and get to make your pick wisely, given the information and your budget.
What to Look for While Buying Central Vacuum Systems?
Before buying this type of home vacuum system, you should be familiar with some top essential buying guides, in order to buy a worthy product. This is because central vacuum system cost is always steep, depending on model, brand and featured accessories. Therefore, it is better to spend on a quality one once.
This section of this central vacuum reviews will give you some tips on buying the best one for your home.
- House Size– The bigger the house, the more powerful the system should be, in terms of suction power. It is better if it is rated for bigger homes than yours, for optimal performance.
- Motor Type– There are two types of motor, Thru-Flow, and Bypass motor. Thru-Flow is usually quiet but due to its design, it can have problems with water lift and wet debris. The Bypass one is the best as it isolates the motor part from the debris collected.
- Motor Systems– It can be 1 or 2 stage. The 2-stage system generates more power but has many moving parts meaning things can go wrong anytime. Therefore, single-stage is often preferred and it is more durable.
- Air Watts– This gives you an idea of suction power and the higher it is the better. It combines CFM/airflow and water lift. CFM usually influences the total coverage area. However, even with a high CFM, the system suction power can still be less or more depending on unit construction.
- Vacuum Hose– A durable long hose is the best for better reach from one wall outlet. It should be at least 30-feet long and made from the durable crush-proof material.
- Filtration System– A HEPA filter is the best and an added pre-filter ensures its The filtration system can be self-cleaning, replaceable or permanent.
- Dust Collection– It can be bagless or bagged. Even though you will have to empty both types, the bagless one does not require any continuous buying of replaceable dust bags. Besides, the dirt system should be of strong material like steel and be able to hold at least 4-gallons of dirt.
- Central Vacuum Accessories-The more attachments it has the better for your vacuuming. You should make sure that the essential ones like the adjustable extension wands, crevice tools, floor nozzles and dusting brushes are there.
- Noise-This is important if you have a small house or are installing it where people usually sit.
- Extra Purpose– You can check for any extra cleaning features like vacuuming wet spills or blower features for ease of removing leaves in your workshop or garage.
- Material Construction– You should always opt for vacuum system made of steel, as it is durable. Avoid those vacuum units made from plastic composites, as they are prone to mildew due to their porous nature. Also, stay away from those made from metal alloys or composites.
- Warranty– A longer warranty coverage is better since this system is part of your home structure. A 2-year warranty is acceptable, but a 5-year+ warranty is better.
1. Electrolux 4B-H403 Honeywell Central Home Vacuum System
You can now enjoy fresh clean air with this Electrolux central vacuum. It is one of the best of its brand and comes with a powerful motor system for efficient deep cleaning of every inch of your home.
Moreover, this vacuum system is made from durable steel and features a motor protection system for longevity in use. Its air filtration system is a permanent self-cleaning HEPA that will save you filter maintenance costs.
This unit has a diameter of 11-inches and a height of 33-inches. It can cover spaces of up to 3,000 square foot with ease. In addition, it comes with a mounting bracket for a conveniently easy and secure attachment.
Why Should You Buy This Type of Vacuum System?
- Dual-Stage Motor– This unit owes its powerful suction and ease of cleaning to its dual-stage motor system. The 13.7 Amps dual-motor system delivers 110-inches of suction power with 500 watts of airpower, 120-volts and 120 CFM of airflow.
- 4–Gallons Dirt Receptacle-This huge capacity can take time to empty. Moreover, it has a viewing window, which will help you know the dirt level. However, you still need to empty it annually as recommended by the manufacturer for better use and maintenance.
- Nose-Reduction Technology– This technology is built inside the vacuum system to reduce the noise level and ensure a quiet operation, as it delivers its heavy-duty power. Therefore, it does not matter where you place its power unit, as the noise will never be an issue to anyone.
2. Prolux CV12000 Vacuum Power Unit
If you want to own a powerful vacuum system for your big home then this should be your top pick. It has a powerful 2-stage motor system and can cover homes of up to 12,000 square feet. It can cover every inch of your home, deep cleaning it all-together.
Besides, its motor has a reset switch to protect it from any chances of overheating.
Moreover, it is equipped with a garage outlet. You just plug its suction hose directly into it if you want to clean your vehicles or garage.
This unit features three suction ports and an exhaust muffler kit for a quiet operation whether it is being run in the house or garage. It also has a low voltage port, this way your hose can control its power.
In addition, it is made from durable steel construction with powder coat scratch resistant paint finish. As a bonus, it has a long-withstanding 25-year warranty on all its steel constructed body parts.
Why Should You Buy This Home Vacuum System?
- Powerful Motor System– It uses Amtek 2-stage motor for delivering enough power to cover spaces of up to 12,000 square foot. Besides, it delivers 150 CFM, making it one of the best in the industry.
- Long Warranty Period– This vacuum system has one of the longest warranties on its parts. It has 10-year coverage on its top-quality motor system and a 25-year warranty on all its steel body parts. It is built to last and can last for decades without issues.
- Bagless HEPA Filtration– This unit does not use dust bags but features 3-levels of filtration It has a bagless dirt chamber with a clear view window, a washable micron pre-filter and a washable HEPA filter for allergens and fine dust. If you are not susceptible to allergies, you can remove the HEPA filter to improve its suction power.
3. Hoover L2310 GUV ProGrade Vacuum System
This garage utility vacuum cleaner is the best of its kind and comes at an affordable price. It is actually the most affordable in this central vacuum system reviews.
Moreover, this unit comes with seven cleaning attachments that include 2 crevice tools, 2 extension wands, an upholstery tool, a dusting brush and a 14-inch floor nozzle. Besides, it has a 30-feet crush-proof hose for reaching far places. The hose can let you vacuum a three-car garage with ease, no strains to your body.
As for installation, you just have to mount the power unit on a wall using its brackets and plug it in. There are no pipes, exhaust vents or wiring required.
Why Should You Buy This Vacuum System?
- Powerful Suction– It has a powerful 10-Amp 120-volt motor system that allows the unit to gather every dust and debris even nails, screws and mulch in your garage. However, it has a quiet operation even with its high suction power. It will not be a bother to anyone in the garage or house.
- Lifetime Filters- This unit has a lifetime self-cleaning filter that can save loads of money on filter maintenance. It also has a huge dust capacity of 5-gallons that is easy and neat to empty.
- Space-Saving Design– This garage utility vacuum cleaner is usually wall-mounted. This saves on floor space. You can store its cleaning attachments in its mountable pouch for easy access. As for its crush-proof hose, you can mount it on the mountable storage rack, after use.
4. HP Products 9880 Dirt Devil Vacuum System
This is the ideal vacuum cleaner for recreational vehicles, RVs. Its design and constructions are for RVs and not homes, so keep that in mind before buying it.
It is all metal and durable with a powerful motor system that takes care of all debris and dust. Besides, it has a motor power of 11.7 Amp and a 120-volt AC. Its flow rate is 100 CFM while the total air watt is 500.
Moreover, its motor features an overload/overheat protector with an automatic reset, when cooled. In addition, it has a HEPA filtration system, making it the best option for those prone to environmental allergies.
This unit measures 6.25 by 7 by 14.5 inches and weighs only 14lbs.
Why Should You Buy This Whole House Vacuum System?
- Lengthy Warranty– This vacuum system has a 5-year warranty and comes with everything you need for its installation. Therefore, you do not need to worry about its durability and material construction the warranty speaks for itself.
- Versatile Central Vacuum Parts- It comes with useful cleaning parts that you can conveniently attach to it for effective cleaning. These attachment tools include a 10-inch rug/floor tool, dusting brush, crevice tools and an upholstery tool. It also has a 7-35 inch expandable length hose and comes with a convenient mesh tool bag.
- Built-In Space-Saving Design– This unit has a unique compact design that saves on loads of space, during installation. Due to its built-in nature, it can bump up an RV resale price, making it highly valuable to your recreational vehicle.
5. VacuMaid GV50PRO Central Vacuum System
You can vacuum anywhere with this vacuum cleaner without worrying if the hose will reach or not, as it is 50-foot long. It is more than you need but still convenient, as you never know when you will need it.
Besides, its several cleaning attachments also aid in its use, so does its powerful motor system that delivers a maximum air watt of 740.
You can use it to clean a variety of places from residential to commercial settings be it an auto detail shop, utility room, a workshop, basements, vehicles, and garages.
In addition, its durable feature is due to its material construction that consists of rolled galvannealed steel and powder-coated finish for a tough and corrosion-resistant long-term use.
Why Should You Buy This Vacuum System?
- Powerful Performance– This system has a powerful 120-volt 5.7-inch, 15 Max Amp Ametek Lamb motor for optimal performance. Besides, this motor has up to 75% more lifespan than other comparative brands. Its power allows for the collection of different debris, sawdust, bolts, and
- Attachment Tools– There are many convenient cleaning tools that come with this vacuum cleaner. They include a crevice tool, dusting brush, upholstery tool, 12-inch floor tool with natural bristles, a metal telescopic and curved wand as well as a 50-foot crush-proof hose.
- Sealed HEPA Style Dust Bag– No need to worry about messy dust cans to empty or filters to clean. This is because this vacuum system features a 7-gallon 5-layer HEPA style dirtbag with fine particle filtration of up to 99.99%, HPB2H. Besides, its disposable paper bag makes it easy to maintain.
6. Ultra Clean All-Steel Canadian-Made Vacuum Power Unit
This is the ideal vacuum cleaner for homes of up to 7,500 square feet. It has an impressive performance thanks to its 12 Amp motor power. Its operating voltage is 120V.
You can easily install it using the mounting brackets that are sold with it. Besides, it has a standard 6-foot supply cord with a 3-pronged North American plug that eliminates any need for hard wiring. It has an optional muffler and you can fully vent its exhaust system to the outside.
This vacuum system has a low-voltage connection to turn the power unit ON/OFF when the hose is plugged into the wall inlet valves. It also has an ON/OFF switch on the power unit.
In addition, it comes with a 5-year manufacturer warranty on its motor.
Why Should You Buy This Vacuum System?
- Electrostatic Powder Coat Finish– This Canadian-make vacuum system is made from top-quality steel and baked epoxy powder coated finish inside and outside, for a lifetime guarantee against corrosion perforation.
- Powerful Suction Power-It has one of the most reliable powerful motor system known as the Premium Series Ametek Lamb 2-stage tangential discharge Bypass blower motor with 525 air watts, 125-inch water lift, 121 CFM air flow. Besides, its motor has a maximum current of 13.8 Amp.
- Superior Filtration System– This unit has a hybrid filtration system, meaning you can use disposable paper and HEPA filter bags or let the dirt empty in its sturdy metal dirt collection pail. Moreover, it features a micro-fiber patented permanent filter for enhanced motor performance and reliability.
7. Broan PP500 PurePower Vacuum System
This vacuum cleaner has a powerful motor system that delivers 500 air watts of vacuum power, during operation. Its motor power provides a powerful reliable suction power that ensures efficient vacuuming.
Moreover, its inbuilt sound suppression feature, in its motor ensures the noise level is suppressed to a recommendable level of 70dBA.
It can cover homes of up to 4,000 square feet, using its 6-gallon disposable dust bag. You can empty the dust bag after every 6 months for optimal performance and better maintenance. Besides, its filter is self-cleaning, making it very low maintenance.
In addition, it is easy to wall-mount it using its mounting brackets. Its multi-direction feature allows for easy installation, even in tight small spaces.
Its main material construction consists of metal and plastic. However, it is still very durable, as it has a corrosion-resistant and scratch-resistant powder coated steel body.
Why Should You Buy This Vacuum System?
- Thru-Flow Motor-This motor ensures that you would always get a powerful suction no matter where you are cleaning. Moreover, this dual-stage motor features a high-quality sound absorption padding that suppresses it noise level during operation.
- High-Grade Filtration System– Its filter system is of quality, removing all manner of debris as well as allergens. This way it improves your health by always keeping your indoor quality air fresh and clean.
- 6-Gallon Disposable Dust Bag– Its dust bag can trap dust and bacteria for a clean environment. Besides, disposing of the dirtbag is also easy, thanks to the large ergonomic latches on the debris pail that flips open to dump it quickly, no mess no fuss.
8. Allegro MU4500 Champion Central Electric Vacuum System
This Canadian vacuum system is the most expensive on this list but it is worth all the cost. It has a 2-stage fan system Ametek Lamb Premium class blower motor that provides 600 air watts, 140.8-inch water lift, and 124.1 CFM.
The motor has 15.7 Amp/1855 watt power with an operating voltage of 120. Besides, it has an exhaust muffler for a quiet operation. Its design allows for full air exhaustion to the outside environment, thus removing all dirt from your 6,000 square feet living space.
In addition, this vacuum unit is guaranteed for life against corrosion perforation. Moreover, it is all baked with epoxy powder coat finish on the outside and inside for longevity purposes.
Why Should You Buy This Vacuum System?
- Bypass Tangential Blower Motor-This type of motor system guarantees that the motor and the fan are separated for a cool and clean motor ambiance. The fan also maintains the motors performance and operating temperature thus improving its reliability.
- Cleaning Accessories– You will get some versatile cleaning attachments with this vacuum for efficient vacuuming. They include a 35-foot electric hose and electric carpet power head, a long crevice tool, dust mop, telescopic extension wand, and tool caddy. You also get a hose cover and a storage tool bag.
- Permanent Self-Cleaning Maintenance– This unit uses a self-cleaning filtration system, which means you can save loads of money for filter maintenance. Moreover, it also has a high permeable micro-fiber filtration system for trapping up to 99.98% of dirt particles of 3 micrometers in size.
9. Imperium CV260 Vacuum Power Unit
This vacuum is for spaces up to 2750 square feet, but it makes sure every inch of it is efficiently vacuumed. Besides, it has various versatile cleaning attachments that enhance its usefulness.
Pet parents love it as it can clean any pet odor and debris without exhausting it back to your living space. Moreover, its disposable sealed dirt paper bag is all HEPA, with an inner liner for longevity purposes, added strength and to resists bursting.
Besides, it is made from galvannealed steel body that makes it resistant to any kind of wear and tear, for long-term optimal functionality.
It comes with three standard inlet kits and an adapter. It is shipped with disposable bags, but you can always buy more. They are very inexpensive.
Why Should You Buy This Vacuum System?
- Cleaning Tools– It features some useful cleaning tools for better reach and vacuuming. They include a 30-foot electric pigtail hose, 12-inch power brush, two chrome wands, 12-inch bare floor brush, plastic telescoping wand, crevice tool, dusting brush, upholstery nozzle and tool caddy. You also get a plastic hose hanger and a mesh storage bag.
- Flow-Thru Motor System– This vacuum has a 5.1-inch motor system with a maximum Amp of 10.1 for efficient vacuuming. Its motor delivers 507 air watts, 95-inches of water lift, and airflow of 137 CFM. Its Flow-Thru motor is a make of standard Ametek-Lamb, a very reliable and reputable motor manufacturer.
- 25-Gallon Dirt Bag Capacity-This unit has a superior level of filtration system that consists of a disposable sealed HEPA filter bag. Moreover, this disposable dirt paper bag has an inner liner that serves an electrostatic barrier.
10. Nadair 35L Powerful Vacuum System
This vacuum cleaner can cover rooms of up to 9,000 square foot and is the ideal fit for large homes. Its motor is powerful with excellent suction power to cover every inch of your home.
Moreover, it also has a soft-start technology that adds up to 20% life expectancy on its motor. It features a soft-stop three seconds delay technology that keeps leftover debris from emptying on the floor or clogging the elbows of the piping.
As for filtration, you can rely on it to keep your air clean, remove all airborne contaminants, even allergens for a fresh breathable air.
This unit features a LED status indicator for different status like dust bag emptying. It has an innovative one-piece air containment gasket that prevents air loss, as well as reduced suction over-time.
As for the installation brackets, they have rubber vibration and noise canceling inserts.
Why Should You Buy This Vacuum System?
- Hybrid Filtration System– You can opt to use this vacuum with a disposable dust bag or without a dust bag. The choice is yours, either way, its high-filtration system will reduce allergy symptoms and respiratory problems. Moreover, you can combine the disposable filter bag and cyclonic filtration, for improved air quality.
- Two-Stage Motor System– This power system has a motor with a heavy-duty steel body that provides 700 air watts, and 140-inch water lift. You can rely on it to pick any type of debris without performance conflict.
- Silent Operation– This power unit has a noise-reducing technology that guarantees zero disturbances during use. There is also noise-blocking foam like that used in recording studios, for a quieter operation. The noise-blocking foam was added to enhance the effectiveness of the initial noise-reducing design.
What Is A Central Vacuum?
This type of vacuum is the modern efficient way of cleaning up your home or office. Also known as an inbuilt vacuum, it has four basic components.
- It has a power or collection unit that is installed in a storage space, garage or anywhere that is easily accessible.
- Its PVC tubing is usually installed under floors, or/and inside walls or where they are needed. This is to connect the power unit to the inlet valves.
- Inlet valves/small holes that resemble electrical outlets are strategically located throughout the building/house for vacuuming different parts of the house.
- This type of vacuum cleaner also features a lightweight vacuum hose and attachments. The vacuum hose is for connecting to an inlet valve and other central vacuum accessories to ensure far reach cleaning.
These components ensure that it can cover every inch of your home and not the floor and stairs only. It is usually the best option for most homes as it can clean every piece of décor and furniture, leaving your home dust free.
You just insert the lightweight vacuum hose into the small valve inlets or suction ports and the vacuum system will automatically turn on, this depending on your model and its features. As some have baseboard suction, while others have hoses that retract inside the walls at the suction ports, no need of carrying the hose room to room.
When compared to traditional upright vacuum cleaners, this vacuum system is highly convenient to use, operate and maintain. It is also durable with the minimal noise level, for a healthier cleaning method.
Besides, they usually have a commercial grade level of toughness, with years of trouble-free use. You can empty it 2-3 times annually and have it inspected every few years by a professional, depending on how often you use it.
You should note that its installation is not a DIY project. You need reputable experienced experts, with references if possible.
Central Vacuum Installation
This type of vacuum system consists of a fixed power unit that is located very far away from your living space, which is the basement, crawlspace or garage. This unit is then ducted to vacuum inlets, all over your home from walls to floor during building or even on an existing property. The vacuum inlets are where the hose will be inserted during cleaning.
However, you should note that some hoses could retract inside the walls via its suction ports. This depends on the model and available features. Besides, this saves you loads of time in moving the hose up and down, room to room.
As much as it seems simple, this is usually a job for the professionals, especially where wiring and tubing are needed. You just have to get the right person for the job.
This section of this central vacuum reviews will highlight to you in simple terms how one can easily install it. The more you know the better for your home installation, in case anything is amiss.
Top Two Things to Consider Before Installing this Vacuum System
You should always consider two factors before opting to have this type of whole house vacuum system in your home:
- Its Placement in Your Home– You need to select an accessible area within your home since you will need to empty it few times a year. The placement can be internally or externally like the boiler room, utility rooms, or attached and detached garages. Likewise, it should not be more than 15 meters away from your house, for optimal performance as expected.
- Placement of Its Vacuum Inlets within Your Home– It is not necessary to have the vacuum inlets in every room. You can have them in central locations like landings and hallways.
Central Vacuum Installation Parts Required Along With Power Unit
- Power Unit– This is to be placed in an easy-to-access area close to your home, not more than 15 meters away, garages are the best.
- PVC Tubing– These ducts usually go under floors, inside walls and anywhere the person installing it deems fit, in accordance to your house structure and design. The PVC tubing is for connecting the power unit to vacuum inlet valves.
- Inlet Valves– These are small holes strategically placed within your house, mostly in central points like hallways. They resemble electric outlets, probably for aesthetic.
- Vacuum Hose and Attachments– The vacuum hose connects an inlet valve and other vacuum attachments for efficient vacuuming of hard to reach and far places.
Installing a Central Vacuum System in a New Built House
It is better to have your central vacuum installed when your house is under construction. It can be done in two stages.
First Fix: The Walls
This is done when the stud walls are in place before the plasterboard is put on. However, if there are no stud walls, then you can have the installation before plastering and before the ceiling goes up
Second Fix: The Floors
You can do this when plastering is near completion and before the floors are poured or when the plumbing and heating pipes are being laid down on the floors. Likewise, you can have it done before insulation or polystyrene is laid.
Consequently, a 13-Amp electrical socket positioned at a high level is always required beside the power unit. It is also important that you test the vacuum system after completion. This is to be done before floor tiling and decorations, to ensure that no wires or ducting is damaged accidentally by other construction facilities.
It is also possible to install this vacuum system within your existing or renovated property. You just have to consult a reputable experienced expert on the best way forward.
In conclusion, you need to be thoroughly informed of this type of whole house vacuum cleaner, in order to be in a position to install the best for your home needs.
Nonetheless, you can always consult through an expert but a little knowledge can go a long way into securing a good price for it inclusive of home installation if need be, as some are wall mountable.
You can make use of this review to buy the best central vacuum system for your home. The information is legit and the products from reputable brands.
Here are some other type of vacuum cleaners that you might wanna check out: