Humidifiers are best at fighting airborne pollutants and moisturizing dry air to prevent body ailments and irritation. Most people often find it difficult to use in a baby room, as it might be dangerous, especially warm mist humidifiers. However, the best humidifier for babies is often designed with kids and adults in mind.
Therefore, the best children’s humidifier often has a quiet-working ultrasonic-tech and is always ETL safety approved for babies.
- Best Humidifier for Babies in 2018
- Why Should You Trust Us?
- Baby Humidifier Comparison Table – Top 3
- What Are the Benefits of Using a Humidifier for Your Baby
- Warm Mist vs. Cool Mist Humidifier – Which One to Choose for Your Baby?
- Humidifier Buying Guide
- Things to Consider Before Making a Purchase
- Our Top Choice: Levoit Warm and Cool Mist Ultrasonic Air Bedroom Humidifier for Babies
- Cool Mist Humidifiers for Babies
- 1. URPOWER Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
- 2. MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- 3. hOmeLabs Cool Mist Humidifier Diffuser
- Warm Mist Humidifier for Babies
- 4. Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier with Auto Shut-Off
- 5. Marsboy Cool and Warm Mist Humidifiers
- 6. TaoTronics Ultrasonic Warm and Cool Mist Humidifier
- How to Use and Maintain Humidifiers
Best Humidifier for Babies in 2018
If you are still not convinced, then this article will help you choose an ideal humidifier for your baby’s room. It will help you narrow your choices to seven baby-friendly humidifiers that can do more good than harm to your baby’s health. You will also get some tips on buying, use, and maintenance of cool and warm mist humidifiers.
Why Should You Trust Us?
You should never worry about our listed items, as we are one of the best websites when it comes to home care, improvement, and renovations. Our listed items in different categories like humidifiers are well researched and tested for effective functionality.
Moreover, the top seven humidifiers listed here have proven to be very safe and conducive to babies and their surrounding air. You will never have to worry about their physical contact with your child, as long as you follow the user manual to the latter. This can involve its use, placement, maintenance as well as storage when not in use.
Therefore, trust us to deliver you with the best humidifier for babies as we only walk the talk, zero exaggerations.
Baby Humidifier Comparison Table – Top 3
What Are the Benefits of Using a Humidifier for Your Baby
Humidifiers are good at combating bacteria, viruses and different airborne germs that can affect your baby’s breathing by giving them different respiratory diseases.
Here are some more benefits of using a humidifier in your baby’s room.
- Reduces the risk of being sick– A humidifier for babies will definitely prevent the formation of moist air that often causes loads of ailments to kids. It can keep the air fresh to prevent the formation of viruses and bacteria as well as the bloody Besides, it can also encourage the movement of the tiny hair in your baby’s nose
- Soothes and prevents cold and flu– A nursery humidifier can prevent symptoms of cold and flu. It can also help your baby sleep and breathe well if they have a cold or flu, by preventing constant throat and nasal irritations
- Prevents asthma– A humidifier can ease breathing in babies with allergies and asthma. Besides, you should always clean it to prevent allergen formation as babies are often prone to allergies
- Protects skin– Humidifier for babies can protect your baby’s skin from drying and flaking by moisturizing the dry air in the surrounding
- Preserves your baby’s voice– Humidifiers often keep the air fresh and misty thus preventing virus growth and dehydration. This can aid in lubricating your baby’s vocal chords for the perfect sounds
- Keeps baby warm– The warm and cool mist from humidifiers often steer away cold by making the room warm. This can also help the baby sleep well for long
Warm Mist vs. Cool Mist Humidifier – Which One to Choose for Your Baby?
Humidifiers are highly essential for babies, and that is why you need to be careful when choosing one. Both cool and warm mist humidifiers are great. It all depends on what features you want. Besides, you have to ensure it is safe due to kids.
This humidifier often releases cool mist into the air to improve the humidity level as well as make the room conducive to breathing. It can prevent the formation of moist air by cleansing the surrounding thick air.
Warm mist humidifier often emits heated air that can combat germs and viruses. It also helps with breathability by opening the respiratory tract and other closed pores.
Which is The Best Humidifier for Babies?
Most people often prefer cool mist humidifier for babies but the truth is that they are both effective in adding mist to the air. The only difference is the features and mode of working.
Warm mist humidifiers often emit warm air. Besides, they work very silently. While cool mist uses fans or ultrasonic-tech. The fans are always noisy but an ultrasonic-tech humidifier is inaudible and conducive to a baby’s room.
You can always opt for any but remember to keep the warm mist humidifier far from baby’s reach due to its vaporized hot water.
Humidifier Buying Guide
Things to Consider Before Making a Purchase
There are basics to buying a quality humidifier. No matter how much you like it, if it does not meet some expectations then it is not worth your penny. Here is a look at some buying guides
- The type of humidifier– You can always opt for a cool or warm mist nursery humidifier after knowing what both types entail
- Room size– Always consider your baby’s room size and coverage in terms of square feet, when choosing a humidifier. Otherwise, it will not work as expected
- Consider its features– You can weigh the importance of some of its features like a timer, humidistats, auto-shut, ease of filling and maintenance as well as antibacterial features. Buy what you see fit and useful for your baby’s room
- Noise level– Some cool mist humidifiers often use fans to emit cool mist. A baby needs a quiet humidifier. Therefore, settle for a warm mist or a cool mist with an ultrasonic-technological featured design
- Safety– This is highly important even if you will keep it away from kids. You have to ensure it has some safety features like auto-shut button for when water runs out and leak-proof features that prevent the water from coming into contact with its parts. Besides, the best humidifier for babies is ETL safety approved
- Water tank capacity– This is important, as a small capacity will need constant refills while a big one can last the whole night. This is essential as babies often sleep a lot and without the constant air mist, they might start tossing and turning looking for it
- The water being used– This can also affect the type of humidifier for babies you buy. As hard water requires you to have a demineralization filter to reduce its dust. This is necessary if you have an ultrasonic humidifier. You can buy it separately if the nursery humidifier does not come with one
- Maintenance cost– You will have to consider its maintenance cost even if it is affordable. As this can add up, making it hard to maintain in the end. And if you cannot maintain it then your baby will not benefit from it
Our Top Choice: Levoit Warm and Cool Mist Ultrasonic Air Bedroom Humidifier for Babies
This is the best humidifier for babies as it can work silently and emit both cool and warm mist, which are ideal for a moist free air. It reads the room humidity for a perfect setting. You can adjust it up to three levels. Besides, it can automatically diffuse warm or cool mist to adjust the room’s humidity level.
Moreover, it has a touch control system and a remote control for convenience. It has a 6-liter capacity that can last 36 hours, covering a room of up to 280 square feet.
This humidifier for babies has a leak-proof design to prevent any hazards and an aroma box you can use to diffuse sweet fragrance. You can also make use of its 12-hour timer.
This nursery humidifier comes with one cleaning brush and one user manual as well as two aroma pads and two descaling pads.
It also has LED display lights and comes with a two-year warranty and a lifetime support from the company, Levoit.
What Makes This The Best Humidifier For Babies?
- Works silently– It has an ultrasonic-technology system that enables it to work quietly even through the night. It will not even disturb light sleeping babies
- Leak-proof special design– This makes it safe if you have kids around, no spills no electric shocks
- Works for long hours– Humidifiers for babies should last long since babies often sleep around the clock. Therefore, it is the best suit for a baby’s room
- Adjustability– You can always adjust its humidity level to the preferred and conducive setting for your baby. It has three levels of setting and can also auto-diffuse mist to adjust humidity level in the room
Cool Mist Humidifiers for Babies
Ultrasonic cool mist humidifiers are the ideal choice for babies’ room. A humidifier for babies should work silently and only ultrasonic ones are inaudible to the human ear. Besides, they are easy to maintain and require constant cleaning for proper functionality.
You should also ensure it has enough water to get through the night. Moreover, cool mist humidifiers often come at a very pocket-friendly price.
Buying Guides for Cool Mist Humidifier for babies
- Room coverage– You will have to consider room size and coverage in terms of square feet before buying any cool mist humidifier for baby. It should be able to cover your baby’s room for it to work properly
- Water capacity– This is very important for a nursery humidifier, as babies are known to sleep for long hours. However, you can always refill it when it hits low level. Nevertheless, it is easier to work with a humidifier with a big water tank capacity
- Noise level– A baby humidifier should work silently day and night to avoid any interruption for the baby, especially when they are asleep
- Level of maintenance and cleanliness– A cool mist humidifier for babies should always be moist free and clean. Therefore, buy one that you can easily maintain and clean at least twice a week
1. URPOWER Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
This is the ideal humidifier for baby as it can work silently the whole night. Besides, it has a 5-liter water tank capacity that can work for 17 hours non-stop.
It is the best nursery humidifier as it can auto-shut when water level runs out. Moreover, it is easy to operate with its one control button. You can opt for sleep mode by pressing the power button for long. Likewise, you can short press the power button for a low, medium or high mist output.
It has a unique design of matte black that can complement any baby room and the best humidifier for babies in places with dry winter.
Why Do We Recommend This Cool Mist Humidifier for Baby?
- Operates silently– It is the best humidifier for infants as it works in an inaudible manner, zero noise or emission level
- Easy operation– It is the best humidifier for baby as you can easily operate it with the touch of only one button, no fussing around with loads of buttons and remotes
- Adjustable mist– It is the best cool mist humidifier for baby as you can control its mist level from low to high and medium, by the touch of a button
- Auto-shut system– It can automatically stop operating when the water level drops to a dangerous zone, low level. This makes it safe and the best option for a baby’s room
2. MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
This cool mist humidifier has a small water tank capacity of 1.5 liters but it can work up to 16 hours without a refill. This makes is a top choice humidifier for babies, as it will help them sleep soundly for long.
Besides, it allows for easy breathable air. You can adjust its speed settings to low or high and control its mist direction for enhanced comfort.
This humidifier for baby can safely auto-shut when water runs out or when the tank is removed. It also has an optional soothing night light.
It is ideal for small-sized rooms and works very silently.
It comes with an AC power adapter, user manual, and a disk cleaning brush. It also has a two-year warranty and a 7-day customer support.
Why is This Cool Mist Humidifier Best for Baby Nursery?
- Ultrasonic-tech design– It works very swiftly and silently all day and night. The ideal humidifier for babies and any light sleeping adults
- Auto-shuts– This nursery humidifier for baby can safely auto-shut when the water level gets low or when you remove the water tank.
- Adjustable mist– You can easily control the direction of the mist to ensure it covers all bases for baby’s health. Besides, it has 360° mist nozzle for proper mist emission
- Adjustable speed setting– This humidifier for babies has a dual speed control system, you can use to adjust its speed from a high to a low setting and vice versa
3. hOmeLabs Cool Mist Humidifier Diffuser
If you want a safe cool mist humidifier with internal heating elements that can boil your water into steam vapor. Then this should be your number one choice. The steam will help clear the air as well as increase breathability and prevent nasal congestions.
It often works silently using an ultrasonic-technology and has a calming presence ideal for meditation. You can adjust and control its humidity level from 40-70% and has a continuous humidity setting too.
This humidifier has an aroma space for scented essential oils, which you can customize, as you want.
Moreover, it is portable, filter-less and has an auto-shutoff system for safety plus a water indicator for when water runs low. Its water tank has a capacity of 4 liters that can last up to 30 hours.
Here is Why You Should Choose This Cool Mist Humidifier for Your Baby
- Warm steam feature– This makes it the best humidifier for babies as the steam can fight off any airborne germs and bacteria as well as prevent the baby from getting any cold or flu. It can also help with nasal and respiratory congestion and proper breathability
- Ultrasonic white noise– This humidifier for babies works silently with minimal soothing white noise that is easy to sleep on, especially for infants and young kids
- Adjustable humidity– This enables you to easily control the level of humidity in the baby’s room and ensure the mist has covered all bases for a clean and breathable surrounding for baby’s optimal health
Warm Mist Humidifier for Babies
Warm mist humidifiers often boil water to steam vapor that can easily kill any viruses, bacteria or germs in the air. It can help with the relief of any congestion in the throat, respiratory tract, and nose. You can safely use it in baby’s room for these effects to enhance their health.
You just have to remember to place it somewhere safe, and away from kids’ reach. As the steam can easily burn or cause injuries to them. Otherwise, it is the best nursery humidifier for baby as it can help them fight croup.
Here is What to Look When Buying Warm Mist Humidifier for Babies
- Safety features– Given that a warm mist humidifier often emits steam vapor. It is only wise that you buy one with leak-proof features as well as other safety features that can limit its contact with the heated water, especially its cable
- Room coverage– It is important to buy the best humidifier for baby You can always check for its specification on room coverage and see if it fits the room
- Ease of cleaning– Buy a warm mist baby nursery humidifier, that you can easily clean at least twice a week, as mold tends to build up in them leading to malfunctioning
4. Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier with Auto Shut-Off
This warm mist humidifier is the best humidifier for infants as it kills 95% of bacteria and mold that are harmful to the baby. Besides, it comes with a Vicks Vaposteam that is put in the medicine cup of the humidifier to help with breathing, coughs, bronchial and throat irritations.
It has a Protec humidifier-cleaning ball that can kill up to 99% of bad odor-causing bacteria. You just drop it into the translucent water tank for emission of fresh warm mist.
Moreover, it has a humidity monitor for easy readability of room temperature and humidity level. This makes it easier to set, control and adjust using its dual knob.
It is filter-free with an auto-shutoff system for safety when water runs out.
Why is This The Best Baby Nursery Warm Mist Humidifier?
- Auto-shut off control system– This prevents any short circuit or burn-up of the humidifier when the water runs low or out. Besides, its translucent water tank often shows the water level
- Adjustable knobs– You can easily adjust its setting using its dual output knobs. Very easy to set and use. This ensures the baby room is safely humidified with the correct setting that is not harmful to them
- Humidity monitor– This humidifier for baby comes with a humidity monitor that can help you determine the exact room temperature as well as humidity level the room has reached. It can also help you with making the correct humidity adjustment
5. Marsboy Cool and Warm Mist Humidifiers
This humidifier is ideal for a baby room as it has a very quiet operational system that is accompanied by ambient adjustable LED night light for better sleep.
It is easy to refill due to its topside water refill system. Besides, it can work the whole night as it has a huge 6-liter water tank capacity.
Moreover, it has an auto-shutoff design that enhances its safety, especially when the water tank is lifted or the water level is low.
It is anti-mold and easy to clean. You can also add essential oils to it for aroma diffusion.
It comes with a 2-year warranty and a user manual.
Why Do We Recommend Warm Mist Humidifier for Baby?
- Works quietly– It has a very silent operation system that cannot disturb your baby as they sleep, night or daytime
- Has cool and warm mist alternative feature– This option gives you an all-year-round supply of either cool or warm mist. Warm mist is often ideal in winter and is very beneficial to babies during this time while cool mist can work well in summer heat
- Auto-shut feature– This feature can guarantee the safety of the humidifier as well as the baby room when water runs out and you are not around. Nevertheless, you can always see the water level through its translucent water tank
6. TaoTronics Ultrasonic Warm and Cool Mist Humidifier
This humidifier is very user-friendly and comes with six LED touch-control icons. The icons can easily tell you the current humidifier mode. They range from a timer, humidity, heating, sleep mode and on/off setting.
Moreover, it has a water tank with a capacity of 5.5 liters that can work silently for up to 16 hours without a refill. Additionally, it has a built-in cartridge that prevents bacteria, bad odor, and the build-up of dust. Besides, the cartridge is very easy to clean.
In addition, this humidifier for baby has a 360° rotational nozzle that can emit mist tirelessly in every corner.
It is highly portable and has a convenient lift handle.
What Makes This Warm Mist Humidifier Best for Babies?
- Humidity sensor– This warm mist humidifier has a humidity sensor that tells you the exact humidity level so you can set it properly to match the surrounding area. This is very useful where babies are, as the correct humidity setting can help with respiratory congestion and better sleep
- Low water smart protection– This often keeps the humidifier and its surrounding safe by indicating low water level, which equals to a refill
- Warm and cool mist features– It is the best children’s humidifier as it can work all-year round making your babies healthy throughout. You can make use of its dual functions with the yearly changing seasons
How to Use and Maintain Humidifiers
Humidifiers often need to be maintained for proper functionality and longevity. You also have to use it properly to avoid minimal malfunctions.
Here are Some Tips on Its Use
- Never leave any water in the humidifier when not in use. Rinse it all and only refill when you want to use it. This limits the growth of mold and bacteria in and around it
- Always disinfect and clean it regularly as recommended by the manufacturer
- If your humidifier has a filter, always change it as advised by the manufacturer
- Always use demineralized, distilled or boiled water to minimize the risks and contaminations related to particles from tap water or hard water and to also prolong the use of the humidifier
- Do not add any essential oil, unless recommended by the manufacturer
Tips for Maintaining Your Humidifier for Babies
- Change the water tank daily, as stagnant water is the best breeding place for bacteria and molds
- Clean the humidifier every single day or thrice a week to ensure no impurities are stuck in it to limit the growth of mold spores
- Always check for leaks, or any other disassembled part before using
- Use distilled water, as it is the recommendable type of water for almost every humidifier. Besides, tap water always has some added minerals that can disperse into the air along with the mist
Tips on Cleaning a Humidifier for Baby Room
- Always unplug it from any attachment and disassemble every removable part before you start cleaning it
- To ensures its base is cleaned properly, pour some white vinegar and let it soak the mold and moist build-up for up to 30 minutes before you start to scrub it
- You can also disinfect the water tank with bleach, leave it for 30 minutes and then rinse properly
- Rinse all the removed and washed parts and let them dry for some time as the cleanser dissipate off them
- After which, you can replace everything where it was and refill the water tank and start enjoying moist-free relaxing air
It is a process, but well worth it if you want the humidifier to work for long without any issues.
There you go a brief and informative article about the benefits and importance of cool and warm mist humidifiers to your baby. You can now rest-assured with the fact that humidifiers are generally safe and can maximize the health and sleep level of your baby.
Moreover, even the best humidifier for baby nursery can malfunction anytime, if it is not properly used and maintained. Therefore, make good use of the user manual any time.