When it comes to sleeping patterns, pillows often play a big role be it king size pillows or any other kind of pillows. So, you must ensure you have the right pick for your health’s sake as it can determine how well you sleep or stay awake.
Some of the best of these pillows, king size, is meant to offer enough upper body support for proper alignment of the spine and neck area. Besides, they can also mold it to easily fit the shape and weight of your head. And adjust its foam for effective use.
Best King Size Pillows
So, grab one today and start sleeping like a king. But if you are spoilt for choice or do not know where to begin, you can start with this article as it lists some of the top 10 best king size pillows for your sleep needs. Get to familiarize yourself with make and functionality.
Types of King Size Pillows to Choose From
King size pillows often measure 20 BY 36 inches and can fit perfectly in a king size bed that is if two are placed on both ends of the bed. Most people often find them difficult to manipulate during sleep due to their size. Nevertheless, they are the best when it comes styling a standard king size bed or a California king size bed.
You can always choose from these varied types constructed just for your comfort.
- Memory foam pillows– A king size pillow made from memory foam is often the best for those with neck, shoulder or any other upper body aches. This is because it can easily mold into the shape of your head for a comfortable fit. Besides, they are always hypoallergenic and stable for back and side support
- Shredded memory foam– This kind of pillow works just as memory foam pillows and are breathable and more adjustable than traditional foam pillows
- Goose down– These are the most luxurious pillows that can be adjusted to fit your sleeping posture without losing form. They are lightweight and moldable
- Contour pillows– This type of pillow is unique and recommended by top chiropractors for people with neck and back pain. You just have to buy the correct size for your comfort, be it king size or any other
- Latex pillows– Latex pillow is made from the rubber tree and are moldable. hey are naturally antimicrobial and bouncy. Besides, it will not flatten out even with constant use
- Polyester pillows– These often have synthetic fill in them for support. They are soft and cuddly and come at an affordable rate
- Buckwheat hulls– These pillows are ideal for people with upper body pains and are adjustable in terms of firmness and loftiness
What to Look For While Buying King Size Pillows
King size pillows are often the best for bed coverage, especially king size and California bed. They often cover both ends very well for a comfortable sleep. However, there is a lot more you still have to consider when buying these pillow size.
Here are some other options you can always consider before opting for a king size pillow
- Sleeping position– You should always consider your sleeping posture before buying any king size pillow. This is because you might need some extra support depending on your sleeping position, be it side-sleeping, back sleeping or stomach sleeping
- Pillow size– King Size pillows often work best with king size standard beds or California king size beds. So, pick it only if you have such mattress beds
- The pillow filling– Always consider pillow filling as some are prone to allergies and other kinds of airborne diseases. Moreover, feather fillings can at times poke you, depending on the feather being used, so look carefully before deciding on which one to buy.
You can opt for a filling that is hypoallergenic and antimicrobial for effective use even when you have guests. Moreover, you can find them in varied forms from memory foam, down, down alternative to polyester and cotton filling. It is up to you now to know some of its specifications in order to make a better king size pillow choice
- Firmness level– Firmness level often differs in different pillows. It is up to you to choose the correct level of firmness otherwise you will end up with a very uncomfortable pillow. However, you should never settle for a pillow that is too soft or too hard, medium-firm pillows are often the best for almost everyone unless advised otherwise by a professional
- Pillow covering– This often helps with pillow maintenance from washing to fluffing. It can also steer away allergies and enable you to sleep and breathe properly. Besides, it determines the level of dust or airborne pollutants that can contaminate or stick on your pillow. Therefore, you should always prioritize it, as some pillows might require you to buy an extra pillowcase in order to maximize its use
- Budget– Cost is also a big determiner when you want to buy a king size pillow. This often relates to its construction material be it memory foam, latex, down alternative, down, contour or polyester king size pillows. Some makes and designs are very expensive, so it will all boil down to what you are willing to spend on a king size pillow
1. Coop Home Goods King Size Memory Foam Pillow
This is one of the best king size pillows as it is ideal for all types of sleepers and can be shaped in any way to conform to your sleeping position. Besides, it can also adjust to different kinds of shapes, sizes, and weight so as to meet your sleeping needs. You just remove or add the foam as per your sleeping comfort level.
Moreover, it is made from breathable bamboo viscose rayon fabric that does not retain heat even as you sweat. You can enjoy a restful uninterrupted sleep to wake up energized and relaxed.
This king size pillow can support your entire body allowing for a proper alignment of the neck and back area. It is designed in a way that it balances being soft and comfortable and being supportive to your head and neck area.
It is also hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites this means that it can be used by anyone including allergy sufferers.
It won’t even go flat with constant wash and use. You can machine wash it without ruining its foam as well as shape.
Besides, it comes with a 5-year warranty and a 30-day sleep trial.
2. Perfect Fit Quilted Sidewall King Size Pillow
This quilted pillow is made from 100% breathable cotton for extra comfort as you sleep. It has 233 thread cotton that allows for the foam to stay in and the bacteria and molds to stay out.
These two-pack king size pillows are hypoallergenic and ideal for all types of allergy sufferers. It is filled with 34 ounces of 100% soft slumber-soft polyester fiberfill that makes it stay lofty and allergy-free.
This king size pillow is designed for side sleepers as it has a 2-inch gusseted quilted sidewall that provides the required kind of support for neck, head and back area.
It can even align your back to your neck for a proper sleeping and working posture. It also has strong reinforced corded edges that are engineered to provide superior strength and support as well as limit its breakdown.
It is machine-washable and measures 20 by 36 inches.
Besides, it is highly durable and very affordable given its functionality and the fact that it comes in a 2 pack, very convenient for couples.
3. Sleep Restoration Gel Fiber-Filled King Side Pillow
This king size pillows come in twos and are made from super plush materials filled with gel fiber to enhance your comfort level, no matter what type of sleeper you are. It can actually help you with spine/back issues as well as neck problems. You can rest assured it will do more good than harm for your entire neck, back, and head region.
These king size pillows have no shift-construction and are the best place to rest your head. You can actually fall asleep very fast on them and stay asleep uninterrupted by any tosses and turns in search for the perfect rest spot. Besides, they are luxurious, stylish and very comfortable.
Moreover, they are resistant to dust mites, mildew and mold. It is also allergen-free and chemical-free. So, you can rest knowing it will not give you problems if you have asthma, any kind of allergies as well as respiratory problems.
It can be machine-washed without losing its shape. It will not even stain or fade as its gel fiber fills are resistant to stains and fading.
Basically, they are quality but you get a 30-day sleep trial after which you can return if unsatisfied.
4. Clara Clark King Size Memory Foam Pillow
This memory foam king size pillow is designed for maximizing sleep comfort to all back, side and stomach sleepers. It can easily mold your head and neck area for a perfect sleep no matter the sleeping position. This is because it has 100% shredded memory foam that does not only provide comfort but also undivided support for the rest of your upper body.
They are the best king size pillows with 40% bamboo and can support your head, neck, and shoulders as well as provide relief for any kind of pains in these areas. Likewise, it can prevent migraines, snores ad any form of pain that affects the posture of your upper body. Basically, it keeps your upper body aligned no matter the sleep position you opt for.
It also has a bamboo zippered cover that enhances breathability as it contains air-flow technology that will guarantee that your sleep in uninterrupted. Besides, it is hypoallergenic, dust mite resistant and anti-bacterial.
It comes in twos, is highly durable, soft, plush and easy to care for. You just machine wash it on cold. It is also dryer safe on low heat and recommended for a wash before first use.
5. Puredown Down and Feather Pillow King Size Pillow
These king size pillows are 100% cotton with 233 thread counts to keep all the feathers in. Its outer shell is cotton but it has 10% goose down fillings. The goose down is what makes it thick as well as comfortable even for long nights of sleep.
These king size pillows are extremely fluffy and cozy due to the double layered fabric design that prevents any feather pricks or feels on your skin. Moreover, it has a plush polyester peach skin inner layer that supports the smooth edges of its surface. In relation, it is secured with single needle stitches and cored with a nice piping for extra comfort as you sleep.
It comes in twos and measures 20 by 36 inches with a filling of 42 ounces feather down. Besides, each pair is vacuum-packed and rolled with an insert in a PVC bag.
You can just fluff it up every now and then for fluff maintenance. But for cleanliness, you can machine wash the entire pillow on gentle cycle and low-temperature tumble dry.
Basically, it is affordable and highly durable.
6. Beckham Luxury Linens Plush Gel King Pillow
These king size pillows are the best as they combine super plush and supportive features. It can support your head and neck area no matter which position you sleep in. Moreover, it is filled with gel fiber that ensures you are comfortable no matter how long you sleep.
It is also the best type of king size pillows to rest your head on, as it has a no-shift construction and offers a steady support system for your whole upper body. You can actually fall and stay asleep on it for long hours without feeling anything but relaxed and comfortable.
These pillows are also resistant to fading and stain and can be machine washed without losing any of their form or shape. Likewise, they are resistant to dust mites, mildew and mold and can be very useful to allergy sufferers because of their allergy-free and chemical-free nature.
So if you have asthma or any respiratory problem just settle for this king size pillows. They won’t let you down at all. It comes in two, for convenience purposes.
Besides, if you are not satisfied with it you can always return it hassle-free within 30 days and get a full refund.
7. Snowman Goose Feather Pillows
These pillows are among the best king size pillows for side sleepers as it tends to take care of the neck so as to prevent any pains as well as help align it to the back.
It consists of 100% goose feather to ensure its firmness while the white microfiber mix in it makes the pillow feel soft and comfortable. The blend makes the pillow strong but also fluffy. Besides, it has 45 ounces of filling weight.
Its outer shell is 100% Egyptian cotton with 600 thread count. This is to prevent any fills from leaking out. Besides, it can easily adapt and mold to the specific weight and shape of your head and neck for a restful sleep and energized wake.
This king size pillow measures 20 by 36 and can only be professionally cleaned, no bleach is required.
It comes in twos and is vacuum packaged with gray outsourcing bag.
They are also very affordable given their quality and durability.
8. Millihome Feather and Down Pillow
This is king size pillow is meant for all types of sleepers, be it a stomach sleeper, back or side sleepers. Their unique double layered fabric design often prevents any feather pricks or feels for all types of sleepers.
Besides, it can offer the right amount of support for the neck and head as it easily molds it to your own custom fit for ease and comfort as you sleep.
These king size pillows are 100% Egyptian cotton fabric and have a 300 thread count to keep the entire fill inside and prevent any leaks. In relation, it has 90% white goose feather fill and 10% white goose down. Each one of it is also filled with 45 ounces of fill weight for the perfect height and shape.
It measures 20 by 36 inches and comes at a fair price given its durability as well as a cost-effective maintenance level. So, grab one today and enjoy a painless sleep night no matter the position you opt to sleep in.
9. Utopia Bedding Gusseted Quilted Pillows
These king size pillows are great at getting rid of back and neck pains as they have a superior comfort level. They have durable and breathable microfiber shell as well as double needle corded edges to resist wear and tear.
They come in twos and are filled with a medium-firm blend and superior quality products that are often used in manufacturing, fiber fills. This ensures uninterrupted sleep and comfortable headrest.
It is 100% free from harmful substances and won’t give you any problems with the position you choose to sleep in. It can be very beneficial for combination sleepers as it will help with the proper alignment of their upper body no matter the sleep posture.
Besides, it has a posh look and can be machine washed without ruining its shape. You can wash it on the gentlest cycle using cold water and fabric softener. You can also hand wash the set. As for drying, you can spin dry it in the machine or air dry it in a warm area to prevent the growth of molds on it.
Its price is also great for a 2-pack with such high level of durability and functionality.
10. My Pillow Premium Series Pillow
This is one of the best king size pillows as you can adjust it the way you want without losing its original shape or making it go flat as you sleep. You can simply fall asleep without having to wake up and constantly readjust it for proper positioning. Besides, these readjustments can meet your different sleeping positions without any problem.
This king size pillow has a 2-inch gusseted wall around it for added support as well as enhanced durability and less tear or fills leak. It also makes the adjustments easier for uninterrupted sleep night.
It is actually filled with an open cell poly which allows it to stay cool even as you sweat through the night you won’t have to wake up every time to overturn it for coolness and dryness.
It is safe for machine wash and dry and won’t lose its shape or go flat on you. You can always wash it after every 2-4 months to keep it clean and refreshed.
Conclusively, king size pillows are the best as they are big and most never lose their form even with constant use and wash. You can rely on them to offer the required support for a stress-free and healthy sleep free of all neck and back pains.
So, buy one today and enhance your comfort level when it comes to sleep. These king size pillows can increase your lifespan by enhancing your health line as a restful sleep is always healthy and good for the body.