A power inverter is a device that can change the current from a DC-direct current to an alternating current, AC. The pure sine wave inverter, commonly referred to as PSWI is the best inverter choice as most electronic devices and appliances that need plugging work very well with standard power, which is a pure sine wave found only in the best pure sine wave inverter. It produces a smooth sinusoidal AC waveform, with a gradual peak in voltage. Moreover, it is a good source of power even when you are off the power grid.
- Best Pure Sine Wave Inverter Reviews
- Power TechON 3000W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter
- Why Should You Trust Us?
- Pure Sine Wave Inverter Comparison Table – Top 3
- What Is A Pure Sine Wave Inverter?
- Pure Sine Wave vs. Modified Sine Wave Inverters: Which One to Choose
- Buyer's Guide
- Things to Consider While Buying
- 1. Power TechON 3000W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter
- 2. AIMS Power 3000 Watt 12V Pure Sine Inverter Charger w/9000W Surge
- 3. AIMS 2000 Watt Pure Sine Power Inverter
- 4. Samlex America PST-2000-12 PST Series Pure Sine Wave Inverter
- 5. Tiger Claw 1500W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter
- 6. VertaMax PURE SINE WAVE 1500 Watt Inverter
- 7. Nex Power Inverter 1000W Pure Sine Wave Inverter
- 8. Sunforce 11240 1000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter with Remote Control
- 9. AIMS Power 600 Watt 12 VDC Pure Sine Car Power Inverter
- 10. Wagan EL2601 Elite 400W Pro Pure Sine Inverter
Best Pure Sine Wave Inverter Reviews
You can get to know more about this powerful machine in this top ten pure sine wave inverter reviews. Moreover, this review gives you a glimpse of how it works as well as a comprehensive buyer’s guide to help you with your selection.
Why Should You Trust Us?
When it comes to power inverters and especially the sine wave inverter, you can trust the selected products to deliver as stated. We have done an extensive research on how they work and what they feature. We have also done some thorough research on why customers prefer some of these inverters on our list.
Therefore, you can rest assured that this is the most outstanding list and review when it comes to pure sine wave inverter reviews. So be ready to make your pick, depending on how you are going to use it as well as the Watt power, cost, and some essential useful features.
Pure Sine Wave Inverter Comparison Table – Top 3
What Is A Pure Sine Wave Inverter?
A pure sine wave inverter is a device that changes direct current to alternating current that is DC to AC power. Meaning it changes electric charge without storing or producing electricity. It has a gradual peak, mostly used to transform electricity from batteries and fuel cells to alternating current electricity, AC.
Besides, most appliances nowadays are designed to work with them, as they require true sine wave for optimal functionality. In addition, inverters are an essential part of a home solar power system.
How Does a Pure Sine Wave Inverter Works?
As for how a pure sine inverter works, here is a three-stage process of how it converts DC to AC power.
- Oscillator Stage
Here it generates oscillating pulses via a transistorized or an IC circuit. These oscillations then produce an alternate battery with positive and negative voltage peaks, with a specified frequency number or the number of positive peaks per second.
However, due to their weakness, they cannot be used to power up any transformers of high current output. Therefore, these pulses are sent to the inverter’s amplifier.
- Booster or Amplifier Stage
In this stage, the oscillation pulses get a boost to a higher current level. Although the electricity is in AC form, the voltage is still low at battery level, and cannot operate an electrical appliance.
For the voltage to rise to a level suitable for electrical appliances, it is applied to an output transformer secondary winding.
- Output Transformer Stage
Here the low-level AC power from the booster stage is applied to the secondary winding of the sine wave inverter’s transformer. This results in a stepped-up voltage, which the inverter generates to allow you to use a variety of AC appliances.
Pure Sine Wave vs. Modified Sine Wave Inverters: Which One to Choose
When it comes to choosing between the two inverters, you are better off with the facts, advantages, and disadvantages of both. This guarantees a better choice and option:
- Pure Sine Wave Inverter
These inverters are usually suited for operation of sensitive electronic appliances, which require high-quality waveform with very little harmonic distortion.
Besides, they have a higher surge power meaning they can easily exceed their watt rate for some time and allow motors to start easily. Moreover, any electronic device can operate with it.
- Modified Sine Wave Inverter
On the other hand, modified sine wave inverters are built to satisfy the required efficiency of the photovoltaic system. It uses basic technology to produce power for running simple electronics.
Moreover, it can operate a variety of loads and is ideal for household items like a television, computers, printers, microwave oven, light bulb and a satellite receiver.
You should note that this inverter cannot work with most modern appliances, thus very limiting.
Therefore, you should always settle for an inverter with sine wave technology, as it can power up small and big electronics ensuring quality output. Besides, it guarantees a smooth sine wave current similar to a home electric current you get when you plug a system into an electrical grid.
In addition, its output is usually stable and effective for any load. It can prevent computer crashes and weird glitches in an appliance.
The only downside is that it is costly when compared to a modified sine wave inverter, which is always less expensive but limited when it comes to powering up modern devices.
Things to Consider While Buying
When shopping for an inverter, you should know some necessities for a quality one. Otherwise, you might end up with a shoddy inverter, which will not meet your needs at all.
Here are some top considerations for a quality functional pure sine wave inverter.
- Watt power- This depends on what you are buying it for, as different appliances often have different watt power. Nevertheless, you can always buy one inverter with a slightly higher watt power than you actually need, saving you a lot of trouble
- Continuous load and peak load- Peak load is usually the maximum load that the inverter can handle. This is usually for a short duration of time, a few seconds. A continuous load is how much the inverter with sine wave can run normally. Therefore, check the specifications for this before making the purchase
- Current waveform- These often produce a sinusoidal current like the one that a utility line delivers. It is smooth and pure and peaks gradually. Besides, it is the best current for all AC appliances, especially the modern ones
- Maintenance options- A sine wave inverter should always receive regular maintenance. You can hire an expert to do the maintenance. Cost should never be an issue, as your priority is to have the inverter up and running. You can also use the Original Equipment Manufacturers, OEMs, plan but it is rather expensive when compared to hiring a third party professional
- Cost- This usually depends on the model as well as features. More features equal higher costs. Nevertheless, you should always buy a quality product that will meet your needs. Otherwise, you will end up rendering it ineffective and worthless
You can also consider some of these important features before making a purchase
- USB port- Most inverters with small watts have a USB port that allows for the power inverter to charge through it
- Air compressor- Some compressors usually have inbuilt air compressors. It can help with pumping stuff like tires
- Display- You can also check for LCD display as some have and others do not have. The most expensive sine wave inverters have this
- Power jump starter- This feature is essential for those who want to use the sine wave tech inverter to power up a car or a car battery. It usually comes in handy when your car stops
- Overload protection- The best and most expensive inverter with sine wave capabilities has this feature for adaptability, in case you plug a high powered device on it
- Solar charging feature- This is for the clean energy folks that want to charge the sine wave machinery using solar energy. It is a very useful feature and a convenient one too, as the sun always shines in some parts of the world
1. Power TechON 3000W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter
This compact and portable inverter has 3000W of continuous power and a surge power of 6000W. Moreover, it comes with three AC sockets as well as one USB port, of 5V.
It is the best sine wave inverter for cars, boats, computers and other sensitive equipment. You can use it for camping, worksites and permanently at home. It can also come in handy during an emergency power failure.
This sine wave power inverter is stable with low harmonic distortion that guarantees maximum efficiency when it comes to powering up different kinds appliances.
In addition, it has five protection systems, the thermal protection, over voltage protection, overload protection, low voltage protection and under voltage protection alarm. Likewise, in case of any issue with it, its LED light will definitely indicate it.
It comes with a 15 ft., wired remote, a black and a red starter cable with ring terminals. Besides, it is a 12V DC to 120V AC with a frequency is 60Hz and four output sockets.
What Makes This The Best Pure Sine Wave Inverter for Money?
- Safety Features- This inverter comes with five safety features that can prevent it from blowing up. These are the overvoltage protection, thermal protection, under voltage protection, overload protection and, low voltage protection alarm. It also has a LED protection indicator, in case of any problem
- Total Harmonic Distortion- Its THD is <3%. This ensures it stays stable, with gradual peaks of voltage that will not blow up any appliance or cause issues in the inverter
- Cooling Fans- This sine wave power machine inverter comes with two temperature control-cooling fans. This ensures it does not overwork itself
- Multipurpose- It can easily fit at home on a permanent basis and still be useful at a worksite and on the road during camps. Besides, you can use it in most modern appliances from cars to computers and sensitive electronic devices
2. AIMS Power 3000 Watt 12V Pure Sine Inverter Charger w/9000W Surge
This is an industrial and marine grade sine wave inverter, with a 3000W of continuous sine wave power and 9000W of peak power that last for 20 seconds. This high surge power is for appliances, which require a high starter like motors, compressors, and pumps.
Moreover, it has an in-built 100A AC to DC smart battery converter charger, with seven battery type settings you can select as well as a three-stage charging system.
Likewise, it can charge a battery bank from any AC source like a regular power outlet in your home, shore power or a fuel-powered generator.
This sine wave power inverter can be used for mobile and emergency backup, renewable solar and when you are off the power grid. You can also use it anywhere that often uses 110V or 120V of AC, alternating current.
In addition, it has an auto-frequency detection that enables you to operate at either 50 or 60 Hz. It measures 16.48 by 8.6 by 7 inches.
Besides, it features an auto-generator starter, an LCD remote port as well as a battery temperature sensor.
3. AIMS 2000 Watt Pure Sine Power Inverter
This is a good sine wave inverter for running sensitive electronics. You can use it in vehicles, for camping, in boats and as a power backup in case of an emergency.
Moreover, it has a 2000W of continuous power and is ideal for all kinds of equipment of up to 16.6Amps. Its surge power is 4000W.
This inverter features a 20Amp GFCI outlet you can reset.
It also has a USB outlet port and an optional ON/OFF wired remote. Moreover, it has convenient cooling fans that run quietly.
Additionally, it has a compact design you can easily carry to any place and set-up for work.
It comes with a two-year manufacturer warranty as well as a user manual. Besides, it is ETL listed and a 12V DC to 120V AC.
4. Samlex America PST-2000-12 PST Series Pure Sine Wave Inverter
This industrial grade inverter is great for powering household sensitive devices like televisions, home office equipment, and even stereos.
Its temperature controlled cooling fan has a low noise level design that will not affect your work progress or drown the television volume.
Moreover, the cooling fans help in reducing its energy consumption level.
Besides, the whole unit is low interference. It will not mess with your indoor environment.
It has two GFCI protected outlets and is highly suitable for heavy-duty loads as well as continuous operation even for long periods. You can also use it as an emergency source of energy, in case of a blackout.
It is Safety Certified, to UL Standards and FCC Approved too.
5. Tiger Claw 1500W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter
This inverter has an efficiency that is >80% with a temperature protection that is <65°C. Moreover, it has a continuous power sine wave of 1500W and a maximum surge power of 3000W.
You can use it to power different appliances, as its DC input voltage is 11-15V while the AC output voltage is 115V±10% RMS.
Besides, it has a frequency of 60Hz±3Hz.
Moreover, it is safe to use and comes with an input low volt alarm for devices within 10.5±0.5V, as well as an input low voltage shutdown for 10±0.5V items. It also has an input high volt protection for appliances >15V.
In addition, it has an output short-circuit protection that auto shuts down when the need arises. This ensures it does not burn or blow up.
Besides, it has a THD is <2%, this ensures it remains in a stable state when running different appliances. It prevents its break down or malfunctions.
6. VertaMax PURE SINE WAVE 1500 Watt Inverter
This sine wave inverter comes with everything you need for a proper set-up. These include a remote ON/OFF switch with a 15 feet cord, 150amp ANL fuse as well as an ANL fuse holder. Moreover, it has gauge battery cables with cable plug terminals.
This inverter is 1500W and has a power surge of 3000W.
It can work very well with vehicles and most household appliances like microwave ovens, televisions, computers, air conditioners, CD and DVD players, coffeemakers, cellular phones, laptops and video games.
Additionally, this 12V power inverter can easily convert battery power to 115VDC-120VAC. In relation, it has three grounded AC outlets, each with a circuit breaker, which is the red switch below each AC outlet.
It has a reliable thermal shut down design for safety purposes. Likewise, it has a reverse polarity protection via internal fuses, an over-voltage protection, a low/high voltage alarm, a short-circuit protection as well as a low voltage shutdown.
In addition, it also features a LED display that shows DC battery voltage and watts, AC power consumption. It allows for monitoring of the power usage.
7. Nex Power Inverter 1000W Pure Sine Wave Inverter
This sine wave inverter can work with many appliances, as its efficiency is high, same current wave as one found in an electric supply. It can work for electric fans, water dispensers, induction cooker, computer and mobile phones.
It has a continuous power rating of 1000W and a peak power of 2000W.
Besides, its input voltage is 12V DC with an output voltage of 110V AC.
This inverter has two built-in temperature controlled fans that work fast to cool the internal high temperature. This protects internal circuitry and improves thermal dissipation. Likewise, it has a meter protection function.
In addition, it has four high-quality transformers that use a high-density coil and high frequency.
This inverter comes with a smart chip technology and an internal fuse that helps with multiple levels of protection for the inverter and the appliances, especially when the machine has a reverse connection, overload, over temperature, over voltage and short circuit problem.
In case of these issues, the indicator light will light up and the machine will not work. During an overload, a buzzer will remind you, saving you loads of damages. Besides, the regular output of pure sine wave often reduces appliance damages.
8. Sunforce 11240 1000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter with Remote Control
When it comes to optimal compatibility, especially for sensitive appliances and equipment, this sine wave inverter should be your top choice. It comes with enough safety features to guarantee the protection of the appliances and the inverter.
Some of its safety features include LED light and an overload alarm. It also has a soft starter system, a DC input overload voltage, a low battery shut down, output overload, short circuit shut down, an overload temperature as well as a high-speed cooling fan.
Moreover, it can serve as a power source during an emergency power failure and is great with televisions, computers, motors, refrigerators and air pumps.
It is lightweight, compact and portable, meaning you can go with it on the road for camping, boat trips, and even on a worksite. It can be used permanently in a solar power set-up.
In addition, it connects to a 12-volt battery and has a 2000W surge power and a 1000W continuous power. Besides, it provides clean power with a very low harmonic distortion, zero static or humming noise.
9. AIMS Power 600 Watt 12 VDC Pure Sine Car Power Inverter
This mid-size inverter from AIMS can be of use whenever there is a power failure. It can power a television set, DVD player, and a satellite box as well as a CPAP, which at times requires a pure sine wave inverter.
It can also power up different kinds of modern handheld electronic devices from a camera to an iPad, laptop, and a smartphone.
Moreover, it comes with dual AC outlets and a convenient USB port.
Its continuous watt power is 600W, with a power surge of 1200W.
For safety, you can rely on its low battery voltage warning that auto-shuts to protect the inverter and the powered electronic device. In relation, it has a high input voltage protection with an automatic shutdown feature to prevent unnecessary damages.
10. Wagan EL2601 Elite 400W Pro Pure Sine Inverter
This is one of the best sine wave power equipment for the road as it is lightweight and compact and can fit almost anywhere. Besides, it comes with four in-built mounting brackets for secure placement.
You can use this inverter to power up an MP3 player, laptop, LCD television as well as an e-reader and a light bulb, using its 5V 2.1A USB power port and its two 120 volt AC outlets.
It is the perfect inverter for charging appliances on the go and very useful for highly mobile people.
You can plug it into a 12 Volt DC socket of up to 150 watts. Alternatively, you can plug it into the vehicle battery using its alligator clamps. It has a continuous power of 400W and a peak surge of 800W.
Moreover, it comes with some safety features that ensure the appliance and the inverter are safe. These safety features are a short circuit, overheat, overload and low battery protection as well as a reverse polarity protection.
Additionally, it has a neutral to ground bone for marine applications as well as a grounding terminal.
Besides, it runs quietly and has a cooling fan on its rear panel.
Conclusively, if you want a better inverter for your home, RV, boat or camping, go for one that uses a sine wave tech. You can always start with the above list.
This review has managed to provide you with some of the best pure sine wave inverter for the money. Their prices differ according to their model and featured modes of functionality.
Besides, the above review has succeeded in covering all bases required and expected of a quality functional pure sine wave inverter. Nevertheless, remember that optimal functionality often depends on your usage, what you are going to use it for or the appliances and tools in question.
Related Buyer's Guide: