The Best Queen Size Mattress Reviews
A comfortable sleep is all you need for a healthy life and the only way you can get this is by investing in a comfortable mattress. The best queen mattress in the market is highly durable and supportive for back pains as well as body aches.
Besides, it can easily conform to the shape of your body for a comfortable sleep. Moreover, you can rely on it to last over a decade-plus with the same level of effectiveness, it had the first day you bought it.
Best Queen Size Mattress
So, are you tired of waking up tired and soring all over, invest in a queen size mattress today and you will not regret it for years to come. Some of the listed mattresses here are very affordable if you opt to factor in their level of durability and performance. You can rely on this buyer’s guide to help you with your selection of next sleeping mattress for your bedroom.
Queen Size Mattress Dimensions
A queen size mattress is one of the most popular space-saving beds, ideal for singles that need snoozing space and couples who do not need much sleeping space. It fits most bedrooms and is large enough for two people to sleep undisturbed.
These mattresses usually measure 60 inches wide and 80 inches long. Compared to a full-size mattress, it is 7 inches wider and 5 inches longer, with the added inches making for a comfortable sleeping environment, especially for couples.
There is also the California queen size mattress-bed measuring 60 by 84 inches, an Olympic queen size of 66 by 80 inches and a Split or Super queen size bed mattress measuring 30 by 80 inches.
Types of Queen Size Mattresses to Choose From
Here is a look at the types of queen size mattresses to choose from, but remember a medium-firm mattress is recommendable for everyone when it comes to firmness level.
- Memory Foam, (Viscoelastic) – This type is known to contour to the shape of your body and is made from high-density polyurethane foam for optimal support
- Innerspring– Innerspring uses different kinds of steel coils padded with foams or fiber for support. The more the coils the better it supports and contours your body
- Latex– It uses latex foam from petroleum-based materials or plants
- Pillow-Top– Gives an illusion of pillows placed on top, but it is a mix of sewn in fiber and foam materials
- Gel– Uses foam which contains gel in its support system
- Hybrid– Combines steel coils, one or two types of foams, latex or foam that has gel in it for support
- Air Mattress– The adjustable air chamber makes for its support, with foams and fiber paddings
- Water Mattress– Water chamber is the main support system, with fiber and foam padding
What to Look For While Buying Queen Size Mattresses?
Now that you have concluded that, you need a good sleeping bed for your bedroom. You can now highlight some of the basic qualities to look out for before making your purchase.
- Support– You can research on this, but a quality mattress will always contour to the shape of your body no matter your weight. It is supposed to help with your standing posture by aligning your spine to your neck. You can check for its foundation, as the best usually have foam, dual or open coils and pocket springs for better support
- Comfort Level– Always check the material construction, especially the top layer or padding as they determine how comfortable the mattress will be. A superior mattress will give you a comfortable plushy feeling immediately you hit your head on it. Some top comfortable layers are memory foam, foam or polyester, latex, gel and even cotton, silk, cashmere, wool and other hypoallergenic natural fillings
- Check for Level of Durability– As much as the quality of the construction material matters, their arrangement is the most important part when measuring its durability level, as it determines how long the mattress and its foundation will give you support and comfort. Some top recommendable bases that can enhance the longevity of the mattress and offer the needed support include, platform, sprung and adjustable bases
- Do Some Research– This is very important if you have any health issues or have no idea what you need in terms of a quality mattress. You can use medical-based websites that cover spine issues and back support in relation to mattresses and better sleep. Besides, you can also rely on some online and offline reviews, or talk to your doctor before making your brand and model choice
- Lookout for Promotional Stunts– Even though most mattresses are labeled orthopedic and promoted as medically approved, there is no medical organization that certifies mattresses, their use or the use of these labels. They might have orthopedic features but are not medically verified, so talk to your doctor first if you have a medical issue or recovering from an injury
- Test the Mattress– When shopping for it, always test it for about 10-15 minutes, by lying on it. Moreover, couples should do the test together to see if it meets both their needs. Likewise, if you know of a hotel, motel or a friend who has the brand of mattress you are looking to purchase, then you can go and test it there for the weekend
- Warranty and Guarantee– You can check if it has any money-back guarantee or an exchange, and if you can return it within a certain period of use as well as a trial-period and how long it is. Moreover, a quality durable mattress has a 10-year minimum non-prorated or full-replacement warranty, so check on this
- Budget– A mattress does not come cheap. Therefore, you should research on the prices, so you do not get shocked at the stores. Price should correlate with top-quality materials and features. Besides, always shop at mattress stores, as they have variety in terms of models, and featured prices
1. Zinus Memory Foam 12 Inch Queen Size Mattress
It is infused with natural green tea extracts as well as castor natural seed oil to naturally retard bacteria and body odor.
Its green tea memory foam offers comfort as well as relieves pressure all over your body for a comfortable night.
Moreover, it has a 3.5-inch airflow high-density foam as well as 3.5-inch airflow high-density base support system for durability and stability. Likewise, it comes with 3-inches of memory foam and 2-inches of comfort foam.
It is CertiPUR-US certified for enhanced durability, content and performance. Besides, you can sleep on it on whichever position you want and it will not strain any part of your body.
This queen mattress is very affordable given it can last for over a decade and comes with a 10-year warranty.
Its high-tech technology allows it to be compressed and rolled for easier shipping and set-up. You will just have to give it a bit of time to plush up to its 12-inch size.
2. Signature Sleep 12 Inch Memory Foam Queen Size Mattress
This is one of the most comfortable ones in the market with a 12-inch level of plush. It has a 3.5-inch top layer of comfortable memory foam that is followed by an 8.5-inch layer of high-density foam. Both of which molds to your body’s natural shape regardless of your sleeping position.
The memory foam also ensures it relieves pressure in your body for a peaceful and restful night free from constant tossing and turning. You will dive into your beauty sleep within no time and wake up refreshed and energized.
Moreover, it is made with low VOC CertiPUR-US certified foam. It is also free of PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP flame-retardants, ozone depleters, mercury, lead, formaldehyde and other heavy metals.
This queen mattress is comfortable, eco-friendly and very effective when it comes to weight distribution and balanced body support.
Besides, it comes with a soft mattress cover that is made from breathable knit fabric. It is easy to clean and makes the mattress easier to maintain.
It comes compressed, rolled and vacuum-sealed in a single box for easier shipment and set-up.
3. Olee Sleep 10 Inch Gel Infused Memory Foam Queen Size Mattress
This mattress comes at an affordable price and is highly durable. Besides, it has the perfect top layer support for your whole body weight. This leaves you with a restful body.
This mattress adapts and maintains your body shape for a peaceful night. It avoids constant turns and tossing and lets you rest well up to morning. Likewise, it relieves pressure from different parts of your body for the energetic wake.
It has a 1-inch I-gel that disperses temperature accumulation to maintain a constant mattress temperature. Moreover, it is also breathable and made of eco-friendly materials.
Its foam is designed in a manner that it enhances durability and performance.
This queen size mattress is one of the most reliable with great ventilation to help you enjoy your night.
It comes with a 10-year limited manufacturer warranty
So, are you tired of waking up tired and with body aches all over? Then you can invest in this 10-inch mattress for an enhanced sleep as well as improved health-life.
4. LinenSpa 8 Inch Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Queen Size Mattress
This mattress is ideal for those with back issues as it has steel coils that often provide back support and conventional bounce. You can sleep in whatever position you want and it will still support your back and entire body and relieve it from any stress and pressure.
Moreover, it made to this list because it combines the comfort of memory foam with the traditional support of innerspring mattress for a medium-firm feel. You will not even feel like you are sleeping on a mattress but rather floating comfortably.
Besides, its quilted memory foam also ensures that your weight is evenly distributed to relieve your body of all aches.
It also has a felt pad that insulates the springs for a comfortable feel and enhanced durability of the mattress. It is CertiPUR-US certified for safety, quality and environmental stewardship.
This queen mattress measures 60 by 80 by 8 and comes with a 10-year manufacturer warranty.
It is compressed and rolled for easier shipment and set-up.
5. Lucid 10 Inch Gel Memory Foam Queen Mattress
It comes with ventilated memory foam for increased airflow, meaning a better and comfortable sleep. Besides, it is infused with heat-capturing gel material to prevent heat build-up and help regulate temperature as you sleep.
The mattress also has a 7.5-inch layer of high-density support foam for a pressure relieving and support for the entire body.
It is made from cozy Tencel blend fabric, 10% Tencel and 90% polyester to create a breathable air layer at the top of the mattress cover.
This mattress is very comfortable and highly durable. It will not leave anybody impression, no matter your weight or size.
It is also CertiPUR-US certified which means its careful construction guarantees no prohibited phthalates, no ozone depleters, no CFCs, no mercury, no formaldehyde, no PBDEs, and low emission (VOCs) for indoor air quality.
This queen size mattress comes with a 25-year warranty that protects the mattress and covers against any manufacturer defect.
So, invest in a dreamy mattress for a healthy and comfortable sleep all night long.
6. Synwell Sleep 10 Inch Gel Infused Ventilation Memory Foam Mattress
The mattress is very comfortable and firm at the same time. It offers the needed support system to make you fall asleep faster. Besides, it has three supportive layer systems. A 1.5-inch gel infused memory foam layer for cozy contouring. This means that it can adapt to the shape of your body no matter your sleeping position.
It also has a 2-inch convoluted foam layer for relieving pressure point by weight. Moreover, it has a 6.5-inch supportive layer for dispersing weight against gravity. This guarantees a healthy restful sleep no matter the weather condition.
This queen size mattress is also highly durable and comes with a 10-year manufacturer limited warranty. Its non-flammable inner covers also meet the requirements of CFR 1633. Besides, its outer covers can be removed for an easier wash for proper mattress maintenance.
It will also need some airing for packaging odor to disappear and a maximum of 72 hours for it to actually decompress to its original comfortable shape.
So, go ahead and invest in a quality mattress. It is very affordable given its warranty period and ease of adaptability to different body sizes.
7. Live and Sleep 10 Inch Cooling Memory Foam Queen Size Mattress
This queen mattress has cooler innovation that consists of breathable, plush and better quality materials for a restful night. Besides, it has an optimum comfort level that relaxes and cools your body.
It also perfectly contours your body for a relaxed sleep as it can adapt to whichever sleeping position you opt for. Moreover, it helps with posture and eases motion disturbances between partners. You can sleep soundly even as your partner shifts beside you.
This orthopedic support mattress is ideal for all kinds of sleepers be it side, back or stomach sleepers. It also has a 2.5-inch premium airflow infused visco over a layer of the high-density support base for a luxurious touch.
Moreover, it is CertiPUR-US certified and comes with a bonus elastic Visco pillow made of non-toxic and eco-friendly material. Nevertheless, the pillows are also hypoallergenic.
It comes with a 30-night sleep trial and an effective 20-year warranty. If it seems ineffective, you can always return it within the night trial period.
8. Modway Aveline 8 Inch Gel Infused Memory Foam Size Queen Mattress
This queen mattress is ideal for all kinds of sleepers as it reduces pressure on your head as well as back, and neck areas for a restful night. It aligns your spine and reduces pressure on your hips, lower back and shoulders. This enhances the quality of your sleep even if you are a back, side or stomach sleepers.
It can also relieve pressure points as well as reduce bouncing between couples or two sleepers.
Moreover, it has a gel infused memory foam top layer that is open cell and ventilated. You can sleep on it comfortably in whichever weather condition without soaking into your own sweat or getting cold.
It is also CertiPUR-US certified and is free from any formaldehyde, heavy metals, PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP flame-retardants. It is also low on VOC.
It measures 80 by 60 by 8 inches and needs a bit of time to expand to its original shape.
It comes with a one-year warranty and is highly durable and affordable.
9. Sweetnight 10 Inch Cool Gel Memory Foam Queen Size Mattress
This queen size mattress is ideal for all types of sleepers as it can contour to your body’s natural shape for a restful night. Besides, it can also accommodate couples light or heavyweight without indenting the top layer or causing some motion disturbances.
It has gel-infused memory foam that regulates temperature and maintains a cloud-like sensation for comfort as you sleep. Moreover, it has a firmer middle part to ease pressure points and keep your body perfectly balanced no matter your choice of sleeping position.
In addition, it can support your whole body without putting you through the agony of turning and tossing for the perfect sleep spot. You can also opt to sleep on either side of the mattress as the top is plush and the bottom is medium firm.
As much as it is a bit pricey, it can last more than a decade without giving you any problems. You can also put it on a box spring, bed foundation, or an adjustable bed and even a flat or firm surface area.
It is CertiPUR-US certified and comes with a 10-year limited warranty. It comes compressed, folded and rolled for easier shipping and set-up at home.
10. Classic Brands 14 Inch Cool Gel Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Mattress
This mattress combines the superior support of an individually wrapped coil innerspring system with the conforming response of gel-infused memory foam for a comfortable and restful sleep time.
Moreover, its gel-infused memory foam layer draws heat away from the body allowing for a more comfortable refreshing night sleep. Besides, its wrapped innerspring coils also help with preventing motion transfer between partners for a peaceful and less disturbing night.
This queen mattress is beautifully detailed with quilted euro-top knit cover for a corded edge. It also has coordinating knit sides for enhanced breathability.
It is high quality and CertiPUR-US certified with its pressure relieving gel and memory foam being naturally antimicrobial and hypoallergenic. It is resistant to molds, allergens, bacteria and dust mites.
Its euro-top has a cushion firm feel. It will make you sleep well and wake up feeling even better.
It comes compressed and rolled for easier shipping and set-up. Besides, it measures 80 by 60 by 14 inches and ideal for 6+ foot individuals.
Conclusively getting the best queen size mattress for your comfort level can be a task. But with proper guidelines as well as an appropriate checklist on what you want from a mattress, you can easily hack buying the right one for your needs.
So, invest in your health and reap the benefits with a long healthy lifeline. You can start with the above list. They are all affordable in accordance with their construction and effectiveness to your body.