Best Vacuum Cleaner Under $200
When in the shop for a vacuum cleaner, two things usually pop straight out of your mind, cost and functionality. You always want affordability but also high-performance level and it is not hard to get the two in one product. This is because the market is flooded with different brands and models of vacuums, all competing for one market. This makes it easier in finding the best vacuum under 200.
Best Vacuum Under 200
Therefore, if you happen to be under a constricted budget, you can pick any of our top 10 vacuums in this review. They are the best vacuum cleaner under $200, all from reputable brands. Feel free to check out the buying guides, for convenience and stress-free purchase.
Is it Possible to Buy a Good Vacuum Cleaners Under 200?
Vacuum cleaners are still expensive appliances to own, even though the market is flooded with quality brands and models. You just have to know what you are looking for and how much you are willing to spend on it, in order to determine how expensive it is.
Moreover, a thorough research is necessary with regard to some top qualities and features in mind. As much as you want an affordable vacuum cleaner, you still need to get the job done with a quality vacuum.
Overall, it is possible to get a quality vacuum under $200. You just have to know what to look, in order to determine the best for your needs.
Here are some of the essential things you need to consider when shopping for the best vacuum cleaner under $200, no matter the type of surface you plan to vacuum with it.
- Purpose– Consider your main purpose for buying the vacuum cleaner is it for everyday vacuuming or for other house chores.
- Vacuum Type– A type is important. As it helps, you narrow your top choices. It should always be the one that meets your needs, be it robotic, upright or canister vacuums.
- Suction power– Good suction power is the key to a quality and efficient vacuum, so check on it before making your purchase.
- Brushroll– Buy a vacuum that has a brushroll with an ON/OFF feature, to help keep your floor safe.
- Essential Features-You can also compare the basic and most important features in relation to efficacy in vacuuming, before buying a vacuum cleaner.
- Maneuverability – You obviously need a vacuum that can reach every part of your home for a thorough cleanup.
- Durability- As much as you want affordable, make sure you go for a durable one in terms of material construction and featured tools like hose and brush. Likewise, opt for one with a lengthy warranty.
Top 3 Vacuum Cleaners Under $200 – Comparison Table
Types of Vacuum Cleaners Available Under 200
There are various types of vacuums, but for the sake of this review, we will only cover top three, that is a robot, canister, and upright vacuums. Here is a look at each of them in detail.
- Robot Vacuum Cleaners
Robot vacuum cleaners are very easy to use and maintain, and usually, require very little effort on your side. This is because you can leave them to roam freely in your home, sucking up any small dirt along its way. Thus, saving you loads of vacuuming time.
Besides, they can easily cover hard to reach places like under the couch, depending on its size diameter and height.
Consequently, they come with at a steep price tag, but you can easily find a quality robot vacuum under 200.
- Canister Vacuum Cleaners
Canister vacuum cleaners usually have a slender frame, but that does not compromise on their power, which is very high and reliable when it comes to cleaning.
Besides, they are the most versatile types, with ease in maneuverability due to their lightweight design that usually saves on storage space too.
Moreover, it usually has a separate canister attached to a long wand for easy maintenance of bare and carpeted floors. In addition, their low-profile cleaning head makes it the best for cleaning tight spaces.
- Upright Vacuum Cleaners
Upright vacuum cleaners are the most popular vacuums. This is probably due to its powerful and efficient vacuuming, as a well as easy-to-use features and accessories.
It has a cleaning head that runs parallel to the floor, a dust containment system, filter as well as a push handle for ease of operation. They are also models that come with different cleaning attachment tools for versatility in cleaning different surfaces be it rugs, carpets or hard surfaces.
Moreover, it is excellent at covering a lot of ground. You can find it in bagged or bagless models.
What to Look for While Buying Robot Vacuum Cleaners Under 200?
A robot vacuum is the ultimate home-cleaning tech, that can save you cleaning time but it is not for every home. As much as it is highly convenient, it might not be for you, as it usually covers floor surfaces only.
Moreover, they come in different brands and models, meaning they do not offer the same level of efficacy when it comes to vacuuming.
Consequently, this type of vacuum cannot clean your stairs or upholstery. Therefore, you will need a vacuum that can do full house vacuuming, depending on your home or apartment.
Generally, buying a robotic vacuum cleaner is not easy. Their steep price makes it even harder, but with proper research on the essential features needed for it to deliver its cleaning duties. You can easily get the best robot vacuum under 200. Here is how:
- Vacuum Size– You should consider its size in term of diameter and height. The smaller it is, the easier it will cover tight spots, but it also means a smaller dustbin capacity.
- House Design– It is important you consider your house design and floor materials. This way you can opt for one that is better at picking pet hair, covering different floor surfaces or one for soft carpet finishes. Note that it will not go beyond the stairs, due to its stop sensors.
- Suction Power– This is also vital and tends to vary from model to model, so check on it first and always go for one with a better suction power, depending on the level of debris or pet hair you will be cleaning as well as floor type.
- Features– You should consider its important features like sensor technology, remote control, brush type, battery life, filtration system, dust capacity and cleaning modes, before making any purchase. This way you can make use of it effectively, depending on your floor material. Some also have companion apps for easy control and scheduling.
- Amount of Vacuuming– Depending on your space, you should know which model to buy. If you have a large space to cover, then consider battery life, runtime and dust container size, the bigger the better for all.
- Warranty– The longer the warranty the better, but read it further to know what it covers. The best should cover battery life and vacuum cleaner. In relation, its warranty coverage can tell on the level of reliability and durability.
1. ILIFE V3s Pro Robotic Vacuum
This is the best and affordable robot vacuum under 200, especially if you are a pet parent. It has pet hair technology for vacuuming every inch of your home, removing all pet hair and other debris on its ways.
You can program it to, automatically clean your home when you are out or resting. Likewise, you can use its LCD remote to pre-set its runtime, at any given day.
It has a slim design for ease in vacuuming even under furniture. Its edge mode features to ensure it covers the sides of your walls as well as corners.
After vacuuming, remember to always empty its dust box and clean its filter. You can replace the filter on a monthly basis.
As for charging, it automatically recharges itself, by auto-docking to its power source.
What Makes This The Best Robot Vacuum Under $200?
- Four Cleaning Modes– This robot vacuum allows you to choose any of its four super cleaning modes for efficient and fast vacuuming. You can always opt for an auto-clean mode, spot clean, edge clean or schedule clean, depending on your current situation. They are very easy features to understand. As for spot clean, it makes the vacuum focus on heavily littered surfaces. Besides, you can also program it for daily runs on hardwood floors and low pile carpets.
- Smart Sensors– This unit has 14 smart sensors that help it avoid barriers and constant fall offs in homes with stairs. These smart sensors can minimize any breakage or malfunction during operation.
- Vacuum and Mop Feature– It can simultaneously sweep, vacuum and mop your surface area. Besides, its mop function has both the wet and dry function, but the dry mop function only works on flat and hard floors.
2. Deik BO7BQQQSXP Robot Vacuum Cleaner
This is the ultimate robot vacuum for cleaning carpeted floors, tiled and hardwood ones as well as laminated floors. Besides, its powerful 1200Pa suction power can auto-adjust to fit different surfaces for efficient and fast vacuuming within an hour, which is its maximum runtime.
Moreover, its upgraded navigation sensor allows it to stay safe and sound by avoiding constant bumps during vacuuming and fall off around stairs or droppings. Besides, it features 20% larger climbing wheels.
In addition, it has a programmable schedule convenient for weekly vacuuming. As for recharging, it automatically returns to its charging dock in case of low battery power.
This vacuum cleaner under $200 comes with an AC power adapter, four side brushes, a HEPA filter, a welcoming guide as well as a remote control and a charging base.
What Do We Recommend This Robot Vacuum Under $200?
- Five Cleaning Modes– This robot vacuum has five different cleaning modes that ease its vacuuming process, ensuring that it covers more ground effectively. They are auto cleaning mode, wall follow cleaning, spot cleaning, as well as turbo boost cleaning and the new S-shaped route enabled by the built-in gyro sensor.
- 3-Point Cleaning System– It features an upgraded 3-point cleaning system, which consists of a redesigned wider rolling brush that ensures there are reduced rugs and sheets trappings. It also consists of two side brushes and a powerful cleaning suction.
- HEPA Filtration System– Its high efficiency, air filtration system is what makes it safe for use in homes. It can clear any debris within your surrounding and keep it intact no spillages, even when emptying and cleaning the dustbin.
3. Koios I3 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
This robot vacuum cleaner has a very high suction power, 80% more when compared to other robot vacuum cleaners with the advanced auto-clean system.
Besides, it is easy to use and control with a remote control or with the click of a button. After which, you can go back to relaxing or doing other house chores.
In addition, it can automatically adjust its suction power for efficient vacuuming of tiles, low pile carpets or hard floors. This is thanks to its Power Boost Technology.
Moreover, you can schedule it to vacuum at any given time of the day. As for battery power, it has a large capacity Li-ion battery to power it up to 2 hours maximum. However, in case the power runs low, it will return to its docking station and recharge.
It comes with a power AC adapter, charging dock, side brushes, clean brush, screw, screwdriver as well as a user manual and a HEPA style filter.
Why Should You Buy This Robot Vacuum Cleaner Under $200?
- Multiple Cleaning Modes– This touch-less robotic vacuum cleaner comes with a remote control for easy operation. Moreover, it has multiple cleaning modes for efficient vacuuming. You can opt for an auto clean mode, edge cleaning, spot cleaning as well as single room cleaning modes, depending on your vacuuming needs.
- Smart Motion Navigation System- This feature allows it to, thoroughly clean every corner of your house. It consists of an infrared sensor for evading any obstacles during vacuuming, as well as a drop-sensing tech for bumps and falling off staircases. Moreover, its two side brushes and rolling brush aid in the cleaning, making it easier, fast and efficient.
- Advanced Filtering System– It features a filter net, a sponge filter and a high-efficiency air filtration system, HEPA Filter to prevent the spillage of debris and any pet hair during vacuuming and cleaning of its dust box. In relation, its dust box is 500ml and an anti-spill that highly supports longer cleaning sessions.
4. Pure Clean PUCRC90 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
This is the best vacuum under 200 for vacuuming hardwood, tiles, linoleum, laminate, vinyl, and thin carpets. You can rely on it to clean up to 90 minutes, before returning to its charging dock to auto-recharge.
Moreover, if you have pets, then you are in for a treat, as it can effortlessly take care of any pet hair without clogging or malfunctioning.
You can also schedule it to run at any given time when you are out or resting. The adjustments and controls can be done via its LCD screen or wireless remote system.
As for performance level, always replace its dustbin filter and side sweepers as stipulated in the user manual for enhanced durability and optimal functionality.
Why Should You Consider Purchasing This Robot Vacuum Under $200?
- Allergy and Pet-Friendly– This automatic robot vacuum cleaner is pet-friendly and safe for use, due to its powerful 24w suction power and dual rotating sweepers that eliminate any pet hair within your surroundings. Moreover, its HEPA filter makes it the perfect robot vacuum for allergies, capturing all dust particles and keeping them locked. The debris cannot harm you even when emptying and cleaning its dust box.
- Smart Robotic Sensor– Its smart vacuum sweeper features a built-in IR sensor to protect and prevent it from running directly into obstacles or ledges, during operation.
- Selectable Cleaning Modes– You can now select any type of cleaning mode, be it an auto mode, spiral, edge or zigzag, depending on your cleaning needs and surface. Nevertheless, it guarantees excellent cleaning no matter the mode you opt for.
Buyer’s Guide: What to Look for While Buying Canister Vacuum Cleaners Under 200?
A canister vacuum cleaner is highly versatile when it comes to vacuuming. It can simply cover every inch of your home due to its ease of use and maneuverability. Besides, they are usually lightweight and easy to handle.
Moreover, they have a very low profile, making them convenient for cleaning tight spaces, stairs, under furniture and even bathrooms.
It usually comes with various attachment tools for efficient vacuuming, as well as onboard tool storage for quick access. As much as most have features and design for bare floors and low medium piled carpets, you can find some models with motorized floor nozzles for deep-pile carpets.
Therefore, there is a lot to consider when shopping for a canister vacuum under $200. Here are some pointers to keep in mind.
- Bagged or Bagless– Bagged canister vacuums have better filtration and work very silently, you just have to replace its bag, while bagless ones are a bit noisy and pricey but they have low maintenance costs.
- Performance Level– The suction strength matters, the higher the better as it will guarantee just one pass for an effective cleanup. You should also check for flow rate and depression.
- Filtration System– You should check on its filtration and ensure it is HEPA filtration system for proper elimination of all manner of environmental allergens.
- Power Selector– A power regulator here will help you reduce or increase the power as required by the vacuum for effective cleaning.
- Featured Attachments– Check on the accompanying cleaning tools, some essential ones include a floor tool, crevice nozzle, dusting brush and upholstery brush among others. Then make your pick, according to the tools you are likely to need for vacuuming.
- Ease-of-Use– Depending on your floor space opt for one with ergonomic features like a handle, telescopic wand, and a retractable power cord, for a quick and efficient vacuuming with minimal back pains and less exhaustion.
- Noise Level– The recommendable noise level should fall within 60-65dBA, that is silent enough. Try to keep off canister vacuums with 80+dBA, no matter your budget.
- Warranty– This usually varies in terms of brand, model, and price but the longer the better. It can also help you determine its longevity.
5. Kenmore Series Bagged Canister Vacuum Cleaner
If you are looking for a lightweight yet powerful canister vacuum under $200, then you have a top contender. This vacuum appliance can cover any type of floor, leaving your home and its surrounding air very clean and breathable.
You can rely on this appliance to cover every inch of your house, thanks to its intuitive height adjustment feature. Therefore, no more back pains as you will never have to bend or slouch while using it.
Besides, its Power Flow Technology ensures that its suction power is on point and constant, for overall coverage of all debris.
In addition, it has a broad cleaning path with ease in maneuverability. Its operation is also very easy on different spaces and floor types from carpet, area rugs, bare floors, and linoleum.
What Makes This The Best Canister Vacuum Cleaner Under $200?
- Cleaning Attachments– Its ease of vacuuming is aided by some accompany cleaning tools like the crevice and dusting brush stored in its canister as well as a detachable wand. These tools can help you vacuum tight corners, upholstery, ceilings and delicate surfaces.
- HEPA Filtration-This filtration system can capture up to 99.97% of 0.3 microns, thereby getting rid of any pet hair, pollen or dust particles that are known to trigger allergies and asthma. Therefore, if you are prone to allergic reactions, do not worry while using this unit. It keeps all the dirt secure. The collected dust will never affect you in any way, even when emptying its dust bag.
- Two-Motor System– You can rely on this canister vacuum, to collect all debris without a miss on multiple floor surfaces using its two reliable floor nozzle as well as its powerful 2-motor system. Besides, this motor system ensures it does not lose its suction power on different floor surfaces.
6. Bissell Bagless Canister Vacuum Cleaner
This is the best canister vacuum under 200, for those with pets or for those who want a high performing vacuum cleaner for the best price. It has a compact and lightweight design for easy carriage and maneuverability during vacuuming.
This vacuum cleaner can pick pet hair and other debris without spoiling your floor. Moreover, it comes with other multiple cleaning attachments like a crevice tool and a dusting brush, which makes vacuuming easy and fast.
In addition, its ergonomic design and features ease its operation, making it less strenuous to control. It is easy to maintain, empty and consumes very little power. Besides, it operates very quietly.
Why Should You Purchase This Budget Canister Vacuum?
- Hard Floor Turbine Foot– This feature allows it to, easily clean pet hair or any debris on hard floors, area rugs, and some carpets. It is highly functional with a high retrieval effect of the smallest dirt particles in your home. With a power rating of 9.2 Amps, it is effective and tough on dirt but gentle on floors.
- Telescoping Wand- Its telescoping wand allows for easier movability during vacuuming. It makes it easier to cover every inch of your home be it under furniture and over the floor surfaces even ceilings. Besides, it saves you time by quickening your vacuuming, with less energy on your part.
- Multi-Cyclonic Technology– You can rely on this technology to enhance the suction power of this unit for longer vacuuming. This tech makes this unit very thorough be it in a commercial or residential setting.
7. Prolux Tritan Canister Vacuum
This is the most affordable and home-friendly canister vacuum under 200, in this list. It can take care of different levels of debris as well as pet hair with ease.
Besides, you can rely on its power to work on different floors like carpets, rugs, tiled and hardwood floors among others, without causing any damages. Its lightweight and compact design, as well as rubber wheels, also make the vacuuming more efficient with no strains to your body or damages to your flooring.
You can always adjust its power knob, to quiet delicate vacuuming like dusting or to full power for ease in deep cleaning.
This canister vacuum features a Motor by Pass Valve for enhanced durability. This feature will open up, in case the dust bag or hose clogs, thus protecting the motor from burning up.
It weighs 15lbs and comes with a 23-foot retractable power cord, 6-foot hose, and 36-inch extendable steel wand that gives this vacuum up to 32-foot of cleaning radius. Besides, its rubber grip handles make for a comfortable vacuuming experience.
Why Did We Include This Canister Vacuum Cleaner Under $200?
- Sealed HEPA Filtration– It has three stages of filtration, making it ideal for allergies and keeping the home air clean and breathable. Besides, its filtration bag, as well as pre-filter and HEPA filter, keep all debris locked in, even when emptying. No dirt can spew back into your surroundings, just clean air.
- On–Board Attachment Tools– This unit features some attachment tools for versatile and fast cleaning. They include a crevice tool, duster/upholstery tool as well as a combination floor tool with a button that can retract hard floor bristles for an efficient carpet and rug vacuuming. If you press it again the hard floor bristles come out again for cleaning any hard floor surfaces, tiled and hardwood floors.
- Power– It has a tremendous 12 Amp motor power with 100 inches of water lift suction and 107 CFM of airflow, which is enough power for deep cleaning and vacuuming every bit of pet hair.
Buyer’s Guide: What to Look for While Buying Upright Vacuum Cleaners Under 200?
Upright vacuum cleaners are the best for homes with medium to deep piled carpets. Besides, they usually have a wider cleaning path for covering large spaces fast, as well as a rotating brush on a beater bar that pushes into carpets for efficient dirt removal.
Most of them come with various cleaning tools and a very flexible hose for covering ceilings, upholstery, and drapes. Likewise, you should keep an eye out for some of these features if you want a quality upright vacuum under 200, variable suction level, on/off brushroll, height adjustment, sensors, and technologies among others.
Given their availability and popularity in the market, it can be hard to make a pick. However, here are some guides to help you in picking the best and affordable upright vacuum cleaner for your home needs.
- Vacuum Size– Find a balance between its sizes, storage space as well as your home coverage and dust bag capacity. Likewise, consider is cleaning path, it should be wider for few clean passes.
- Bagged or Bagless– Bagged models are usually hygienic and take longer to fill, depending on your home size and vacuuming frequency. However, bagless models can be a bit messy when emptying the canister, but you get to save on replacement bag costs and retrieve any lost item vacuumed by accident.
- Filtration System– The filter system should always be HEPA, as it is ideal for asthmatics and allergy sufferers. Besides, it can keep all debris locked in after vacuuming.
- Performance– It should have excellent suction power and be able to maintain it until you are done. If you have pets, ensure that it will remove them with ease.
- Versatility– Consider cleaning needs and opt for one with useful and convenient attachments for your vacuuming. Likewise, it should have a feature that allows you to swiftly or automatically switch from cleaning a hard floor to a carpeted one
- Cleaning Attachments– The accompanying attachments should be able to meet your vacuuming needs, but some like a flexible detachable hose are
- Level of Maneuverability- A lightweight vacuum is easier to carry and maneuver, for proper coverage of every inch of your home.
- Dust Bag Capacity– The bigger the dust bag capacity, the less emptying or replacing of the dust bag you will be doing.
- Warranty and Durability– Longer warranties are usually better, but also check on what it covers. Likewise, check material construction as well as parts, in order to gauge on its level of durability.
This is the best upright vacuum under 200, for homes with pets. It can easily take care of any pet hair using its wide pet upholstery tool, covering every inch of your home.
Moreover, its lightweight design makes it highly portable and easy to maneuver. Thus, you can cover every inch of your home with the right attachment tools.
Its brushroll feature has a shut-off system for when you want to deep clean carpets and gently vacuum bare floors.
Moreover, its large dust cup is also easy to empty, no mess no fuss. This also means longer cleaning hours with zero to minimal emptying trips.
What Makes This The Best Upright Vacuum Under $200?
- Versatile Cleaning– You can use this vacuum to clean carpets and bare floors with ease, thanks to all its useful accompanying attachment tools and features for enhanced versatile vacuuming. Some of these attachment tools include a crevice tool, dusting brush, and a wide pet upholstery tool. It also has an extra-long wand and hose for reaching corners, under furniture and ceilings.
- Powerful Performance– This upright vacuum has a powerful motor that ensures that it never loses suction power when cleaning the recommendable floor types for it. It can easily clean from start to finish without any interruptions.
- Pet Hair Removal– This vacuum cleaner can easily suck up pet hair to the last strand, off carpets and upholstery. This is made easier with its strong suction power, motorized brush as well as pet upholstery tool.
9. Oreck Commercial U2000R-1 Upright Vacuum
This vacuum cleaner is suitable for carpets and hard surfaces, which it manages without any issues with its Micro-Sweep Technology. Besides, its lightweight design allows for easy maneuverability from every corner of the house even under furniture. Its side edge brushes can take care of corners and boards.
You can also carry it floor to floor using its easy-use carry handle. It will not weigh you down or take much of your energy.
This vacuum under $200 has a helping hand handle that has received the Ease-of-Use Commendation from the Arthritis Foundation. Besides, it has a conveniently placed ON/OFF switch on its handgrip.
Consequently, it has a 40-feet power cord with pigtail, for easy maneuverability and vacuuming large spaces without the constant plugging and unplugging in different power outlets.
It can clean carpets, tiles, wood and laminate floor types, hassle-free.
What Do We Recommend This Budget Upright Vacuum Cleaner?
- It is Furniture-Friendly– This unit is highly furniture-friendly, it does not matter how far you are cleaning under the furniture. It will not cause any damages to it. This is because it has a low-profile design for easy maneuverability as well as non-marring bumper guard and premium side brushes for easy cleaning without bumps with the furniture.
- Automatic Floor Adjustment Feature– You can easily shift from vacuuming your carpeted floor to cleaning hard surfaces without making any changes to its manual settings. This is all because of its reliable automatic floor adjustment feature.
- Powerful-This vacuum cleaner has a wide 12-inch cleaning path, which can remove any debris with one sweep. Moreover, it has a high-speed vacuuming level and a balanced brushroll with double helix brushes that whirl at 6,500RPM, moving debris into the vacuum inlet with ease.
10. Hoover T-Series UH70210 Upright Vacuum
This upright vacuum comes with some useful features as well as accessories, to ease your vacuuming. Moreover, it is lightweight and easy to carry around floor to floor, during vacuuming.
Its high suction power also makes it ideal for cleaning different types of debris and pet hair.
You can adjust its height in five different positions, for efficient floor coverage be it bare or carpeted. This way you prevent unnecessary push and pull, especially on carpeted floors.
This vacuum has a foldable handle for easy storage. Meaning it will take very little storage space.
As for its automatic cord rewind feature, you just tap its pedal to activate the cord rewind system and let it retract for safe storage. Its power cord is 25-foot.
Why Should You Buy This Cheap Upright Vacuum?
- Cleaning Attachment Tools– The attachment tools that come with this unit are all for easing the cleaning and making sure that every inch is vacuumed. It has a pet upholstery tool, a crevice tool for tight spots as well as a 12-inch extension wand for other hard to reach spots.
- WindTunnel Technology– This technological feature helps this unit keep all the collected debris and pet hair secure, no scatter after a cleanup. Besides, it ensures that every embedded dirt and pet hair is vacuumed with ease, no blowbacks. There is never a loss of suction with this reliable technology.
- Pet-Friendly– It has many pet-friendly cleaning tools for proper removal of any pet hair on the floor and furniture. Its Air-Powered Pet Hand Tool helps with proper disposal of pet hair from floors while its Pet Upholstery Tool is good at removing pet hair from the furniture.
In conclusion, you have to be careful when choosing the best vacuum cleaner under $200. This is because it is hard to find a durable one, but with the right information. You can easily pinpoint which one has the exceptional features and material construction for long-term use.
Therefore, if you are in search of the best vacuum under 200, start with any of the above 10. Depending on your budget and cleaning needs. You can trust on this review on anything vacuum, as long as it is robotic, canister or upright vacuum.